Friday, February 25, 2011

Hola me familia

Hey Family,

I really don't like this timer thing, it makes writing home kinda stressful.  So I'll try to say as much as I can as fast as I can, sorry if it doesn't make sense and there are errors.  I'll start by answering your Q's from the package letter, thanks for that by the way, the mexican sodas were really good.  And Elder Gotchy thanks you for one as well.

1: My companion, Elder Gotchy, is from Ogden Utah, thought I mentioned that, but now you know, guess I forgot to say that.
2: My schedule changes slightly from day to day, but is kinda similar. I'll give you the general layout though.  So we wake up at 6:00 every morning and get ready, our district (the four in our room plus four more) meet for a half hour before breakfast at 7:00.  Then from 7:00 to 7:30 we have breakfast.  Yes I actually eat, there is lots of good food aside from cereal and toast.  Then we will usually have either a good chunk of class time with one of our two maestros (teachers) Hermano Wood is typically in the morning and Hermano Vance usually comes in later.  Hermano = Brother.  Lunch is at 12:00.  Then on some days we have gym after lunch, sometimes dinner, and on one day it's after breakfast. Then classes until dinner usually, on Wednesdays we have the TRC.  I'll explain later hopefully.  Dinner is at 6:00 and then sometimes gym and class until 9:00 which is planning time.  Then 9:30 until 10:30 we walk back to our place we room in and get ready for bed and stuff.  Not a good explaination.  P-days and Sundays are way different, and the days change alot.  I'll send you an actually letter this week with the full real breakdown of each day and tell you about what everything is like.  Cuz thats not a good summary.
3:  I'll explain Sunday when i send the letter.
4:  I have seen Elder Day and Jett, but didn't "meet" them.  Just saw the name tags that were in Spanish.  No Elder Waters.
5:  The food is really good actually.  Though it does give you gas... No bueno.  haha.  I don't get it really bad, but some of the Elders in our district do.  Thankfully the worst one isn't in our room.  But they've had a good variety of food, I have been taking those vitamins mom, and I do actually eat a lot of fruit, and an ok amount of vegetables.  They have a lot of juices to drink, and choco milk, and some soda, but the juices are what I get most of the time.  I saw Elder Wagner drink some OJ, no sickness yet.  And the other juices come from the same machine and I'm not sick.  So far, it was an OJ hoax.  But I'm still avoiding it.
6:  I do have my scriptures, I got called out of class and I was scared that something was wrong, but it was a package with my scriptures on it.  Don't worry though, I was fine because I just got another set for about $2.
7:  Only 4 out of the 8 are going to Oaxaca, but we're all going to Mexico.  The people in my room are the ones going to Oaxaca.  Elder Gotchy, Wagner, and Jones, and Elder Me.  Elder Campbell, Crook, Bird are going to Guadalhara I wanna say, I might be wrong on that.  ANd Elder Sorenson is going to somewhere like Meridian, it was something with an M.
8:  There are no sisters in our district, a blessing because Elder Crook + Food = Bad
9:  Thermostat isn't fixed though the temp is slightly lower and bearable.
10:  I'm doing ok.

Those are the answers to the questions in the letter, thanks for the pepper picture, it made me laugh.  I wish I could pet her right now.  I'm going to try to get some pictures to you sometime this week, hopefully with my schedule letter.  We are going on a temple walk just before dinner so thats when I'll take them, though it's freezing and people won't want to stand around for long.  We went to the temple this morning our session started at 7:00 in the morning.  It was good but waking up at 5:45 wasn't fun.  We heard from President Kealer or something like that on Tuesday night.   He's in the Quorum of the Seventy.  It was a good talk.  I'm getting used to the showers a little bit, but most of the time they just burn your skin of or instantly freeze you.  I have been taking care of myself, my ears have been cleaned and nails cut, dont worry.

I got my first non-family letters yesterday form Trevor and Clark, I wrote them some short replies today to send.  I also sent Josh, Brandon, and Rickey a letter last week.  They should have gotten them by now but it'd be nice if you'd check so I know for sure that I did it right.  Please keep writing me, I enjoy hearing from you, I can't say I'm not homesick but I'm not that bad.  Thank you for continuing to write me.  And I really do enjoy the packages, so thanks once again from me and Elder Gotchy.  I'm low on time.  I love all of you.  Let me know how you're doing Brianna with your heart.  Let me know how things are going for all of you.

Love,
Elder Call


1 comment:

  1. Oh Tammy! Such a great letter! Tears in my eyes as I read! Sounds like he is doing well. The OJ Hoax made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete