Tammy
Querido Familia,
Coma esteis vosotros? Hope everything is going well with you. I’m sorry I don’t have your question letter with me right now. but I think Esteban was the #1 and Visas were #2. And you asked about Clark, but our district didn’t get to host, but I did see Clark and had a chance to talk with him for a bit. I also got a letter from Josh this week! That was a good highlight. Now I just need Drew to write me, haha. But I'm gonna try to write Josh and Drew today as well, I just wish I had more time to write so that I could have written them all more. But I guess I can’t change that.
Okay, so about Esteban, sorry I was trying to get that letter done before mail time and still didn’t get it in until Monday, but i guess the letter was kinda inconsistent and my thoughts jumped all over the place. I'll try to clarify. So Esteban is played by Hermano Scott, he pretends to be him. But, he showed us a video from the new york times website to give us the background story about Esteban. So that’s what that is. However, the Highlight this week, which I can’t remember if I said it in my letter or not, was that we baptized Esteban yesterday. Obviously it wasn't real, but I guess it's my first success. But we had a whole baptismal program, and I gave a talk during it (in Spanish). So let me back up. We started teaching Esteban back when hermano Scott replaced our other teacher Hermano Vance. And we started in English. At the end of teaching him in English, the day before we were going to be required to teach Esteban in Spanish, we got him to commit to Baptism. And then we've been teaching him since. So, ya. Hopefully you can now go back and read that letter a little bit clearer.
Visas, no word. So all of us Oaxacans still don’t have it. There is no news or anyway to find anything out about our visas. Either someone comes and tells you that you will be going to the consolate tomorrow, or not. I won’t know that I have it until the day before I go to sign it.
I told you about the hosting thing. We didn’t get to do it, but at least I got to see Clark. Ummm... oh ya, I did find the mistake in the book, I saw it the second time through. but it's okay, I at least know what the date is supposed to be. Thank you so much for that though, that's really cool, and I enjoy being able to see my friends, especially Brandon, and thinking about how he’s doing.
Ugh, I hate this timer, it puts too much pressure on so I can’t think. the Spanish is coming along, way too slowly though. One Elder who is going to Mexico in the district above us but was held back for medical reasons got a letter from his previous comp and he said that he got a companion who only speaks Spanish and doesn't understand a single thing that he says. So he says his whole day is just a huge game of charades. So... not looking forward to that. I still can’t understand anything any of the natives speaking on the video are say8ng, so that means that the truly hard times of my mission are ahead. I've kinda realized that the MTC is a little bit of a joke on the difficulty factor. I mean I've been through really crappy depressing days, but it's gonna be nothing compared to the field out in Mexico. The MTC isn't really bad at all. It's actually still kinda fun and stuff, maybe it's because my district is terrible at Hable su Idioma, but I don't know.
Well I love all of you. I wish I had more time to speak to you and let you know more details and not be selective about what I say. Thanks for forwarding Brandon’s letters, I really like that. I'll try to get more pics to you before I leave the MTC. Thanks for all of your letters and support! I love all of you sooo much! I hope that You got to play on varsity soccer Braden! Have fun at LA! Tell pepper I know what it feels like to be left behind while everyone else goes on vacation.
Love you all!
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment