Yet another P-day has come. Thank you so much for your letters and all of your support. I love you and miss you all. I'm jealous of your upcoming trip, I'm sure it will be awesome! Make sure you tell me all about it and maybe even write me while you are all partying on the ship. I'll move on to the questions now.
(Have any of your packages been opened up or is the tape still secure. Do you still want me to mail your ipod touch?)
1. Honestly, I have no idea if all the tape around the packages I've recieved is your tape or is the tape of a curious Mexican mailman. But they seem to have been untouched. The contents are all closed and there I believe. My guess is that they actually havent been opened. They haven't shown any signs of ripping, tearing, or anything else of being opened and then re-closed. But you never know I guess. I think I'd rather you just send it in the package though. I think it will be fine, and if not, then oh well, there will be better stuff when I get back anyway. If it doesn't come I can just buy several memory sticks to keep pictures safe on.
(We had a family fast for you on Sunday, praying for success with your investigators. Any luck with Hugo and his family?)
2. This week didn't go so well for the work throughout the week, but reading about your fast really touched me, and has helped me gain a stronger testimony of fasting. Especially because I think that it really did work. The Lord does answer prayers. The week wasn't good, but Sunday went so amazingly well that us two amazing missionaries couldn't keep up. Hugo, his wife Anahi, and his family came to church! (Victor is their oldest child, about 13 I think, Uriel is about 9, and Angel is about 5 or 6. All boys.) And like I said we will only be able to teach them on weekends because of Hugos work, and he didn't get back until late Saturday, so they were a little late for church cuz they were tired and our appointment on Saturday fell through. But we taught them during Sunday school at the church. We taught them the lesson that we call La Doctina de Cristo, which is essentially a slighly altered lesson 3 from Preach My Gospel. Elder Pimentel invited them to be baptized, and Hugo talked alot about his feelings and said that he didn't want to, but that if his son's did that was good. Elder Pimentel shared some more things with them after that and turned to me to add some more. For some reason I didn't really understand the last parts of what Elder Pïmentel shared, and didn't understand what he wanted me to do, even though it was really simple Spanish. I thought he wanted me to reinvite Hugo to be baptized. So I extended the invitation and Hugo thought about it, then he nodded and said yes! He still has some worries about not being ready, but we have a date set for July 10 with them. I hope nothing happens to deter him, but I think that all will go well if we can just keep teaching him and if he will read the scriptures, pray, and keep coming to the church. I just would like to ask if you will keep this family in your prayers.
On top of the family, Raul actually came to church and has started to read a little bit of the Book of Mormon. Raul is the investigator that has been taught by missionaries scince February, but wont stop drinking. But its the first time he has come to church through this whole cambio. I think that what he really needs is a close friend in the church, it's his friends at work that usually invite him to drink. He lives in a hard to reach place on the steep slopes of the mountain in our area, and nobody lives near him, but hopefully we can help him become friends with someone.
On top of that top, two new investigators that we didn't know before yesterday showed up. One is a friend of one of the young women in the ward, and she brought her friend to church and we will start teaching her this week. Her name is Vivianna. The other is the boyfriend of an inactive member that one of the ward missionaries brought to church. He invited them both and they came. I dont remember their names because there is still one more investigator we have, and Elder Pimentel and I split with the ward mission leader and one of the ward missionaries during the young men/ young women block of church and he taught the couple.
The other investigator that came is Monse. ( It might be Monsen, I'm still trying to figure that out but nobody has said anything to me about me saying her name wrong, her or my comp) We have taught her once this week, her mom is a sister of a less active member, and we met her when we went to visit the less active member. Her mom didn't come to chruch (we taught her too) but Monse did. She is 12 years old but is actually really interested in the church, and is really good too. We have a date of the 10th of July for her too, and she is always asking questions about the chruch and what she has read in the Book of Mormon. Hopefully all goes well with her too. Her and the family are our two most bright hopes right now, hopefully the other two investigators are good too.
(Did you have your interviews with the President yet? Any meetings coming up when the new President comes?)
3. The interviews still havent happened. So Monte Alban is still in question. We think that he is muerte (dead) and he is ready to go. No, maybe its not true, but nonetheless, still no interviews, and we should have a new Pres. this week, and we have no idea what will happen. So I can't really tell you much about that.
(New apartment yet?)
4. :( no. But we are supposed to be moving this Saturday. The house is approved, the funds for things like a fridge, stove, etc. is approved. I think that the people are being lazy, and we have been promised to recieve the funds on the 1st with the other money that we get monthly.
(Tell us any interesting things that happened this week.)
5. We are almost out of time, so I can't write much more, but the food was great this week! We had a vegatable soup one day (haven't seen veggies or a fair amount of veggies for a while) Yesterday we actually had Omelettes! Just like the cruise you will be on. It had ham, Oaxaca cheese, onions, tomatoes, and a little bit of chile, but it was sooo good,I thought about taking a picture for you cuz I knew you would laugh, but I wasn't sure if taking a picture of the food the family gave us would offend them, even though I would be taking it because it was really good.
(Is it still rainy? Has the official rainy season started yet?)
6. It has been raining every day, though usually only lightly and for an hour or so. Except that yesterday it didn't rain, it was just threatening, and one other day this week it really rained. I took some pictures from our shelter while the road was a raging muddy river. We had an appointment and the rain didn't slow, so my slip on shoes were sopping for two days after cuz we had to forge the giant torrent of water that was a little above our ankels. A member told me that it was nothing though, and that the official rainy days still quite aren't here.
I'll try to send a few pictures before we go. That's cool that you saw the Chapolines and Tlayudas on TV. I almost purchased an armadillo at Union Hidalgo at the pressure of Elder Jimenez, but it was my first area and decided not to risk it. I have been offered Chapolines (crickets fried in chilis) a lot here, there is another bug that they eat here, I can't remember all of its name but it ends in -kitana. I've avoided them both though.
I love you all! Thanks for all of your prayers and support, all may not be perfect, but I know that they are helping. I love all of you so much! Ill talk to you again next week.
Love,
Jordan
Here is some pictures of the rain. We were hiding in a store of one of the members and we were close to the church building. The member told me that this wasn't very much rain! I thought it was, and so did all of the pamphlets in my backpack, part of my New Testament, and my shoes. The street is deeper than it looks, its actually is alot of water, I promise. Every time an upstream bus drove by its wake would wash up the sidewalk into the store, and the member had a squeege he was using to keep the water out. I'm worried about the condition of my feet if this happens consistently. I still remember that first Lagoon trip...
Here is some pictures of our future house. It has two rooms, a bathroom that is actually nice and clean, and a small area to cook. It is really nice. There is a basin for hand washing (our clothes) on the roof and space for us to hang our clothes.
Well... I will talk to you next week! I love all of you and hope that Braden and Brianna are enjoying their Summer break! We played soccer this morning and did some service for a less active member. I don't know if you have noticed my purchase from Tuesday I think. I bought a Mexico Soccer Jersey. Its pretty sweet and everyone commented on it this morning about how good it was that I was wearing it because if I was in another one people wouldn't like me. Haha. Its because Mexico beat the United States last Saturday I guess. Everyone loves soccer here as you can imagine. So we get updates on a lot of the Mexican teams as we talk with people. And I guess I'll just also mention that you should just send the Ipod. If its not fine then oh well. I'll probably get something better when I return, it's a long ways away. But time is going faster, 19 more months seems shorter every day.
I love you! Hasta Luego!
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment