Monday, October 24, 2011

A late letter today...

Hola mi familia!

¿Como estan?  I hope everything is going well for all of you, and especially with pepper in the cone of shame and dad in his new present.  Sorry I don't have a lot of time at all tonight, so I'm going to have to do another rush letter.  So... questions.
 
(How has your health been?)

1.  I've been fine so far, no problems or pains have shown up.  Nothing wrong with my body yet.
 
(Do you ever cook for yourselves or do you mostly eat with members?  I hope you're eating well!)

2.  We eat breakfast in the morning, we will occasionally cook pancakes or we will eat some fruit and yogurt.  I also have started eating cereal, a little bit.  Then we eat with a member at about 2 o'clock, and we haven't cooked too much at night time.  But we are hoping to try and use the oven sometime this week, we`ll see if it even works.
 
(Any good news or stories about investigators this week?)

3.  No, just disappointment, we have a good amount of people that we are teaching, and all of them are really good investigators, and we had a lot of people commit to coming to church yesterday, and not a single one came.  We put a baptismal date this week, but it isn't going to happen anymore.  I'm just worried that president will think we aren't working because our numbers aren't very good, But we are working really hard and none of the people want to do anything though.
 
(Any baptisms?)

4.  No.
 
(I think I've figured out where you live and where the church is.  It looks far away.  Do you take your bikes much?)
5.  We are taking the bikes the majority of the time now because we have knocked everywhere that is close to us.  Its a hill that goes down all the way to the church.  So it is really nice to leave the house and get down there really fast, going up is a different story though.  This week we will probably take the bikes to two places to knock doors when we are doing that.  We will head to a fraccionamiento called Catano, we go through Reyes Etla and then cut across some dirt roads to get there.  And then another Puebla that is by Guelache.  Our area is massive, if you can find a big intersection on the highway almost between us and the church, its from there all the way over to the pueblos called Telixtlahuacan (something like that) and Suchilquitongo.  It also goes farther than that but I don't know what lies beyond there.  And then all of the pueblos and parts on both sides of the highway.  We have most of Villa de Etla in our area.
 
(Are you able to do your laundry at you apartment or do you go to a members home?)

6.  The washing basin thingy in our house is tiny and isn't very good, so we have been going to a members home to do the laundry.  The cool thing is that they have a washer and one of the high speed spin dryer mobobers.  I cant remember what they are called, so its really nice.  But we helped them move to a new house this week.  And we had to carry their piano a way long distance (the only family that I have known to have a piano).  So now they live kinda far away, but we took our bikes with our clothes all the way to their house, it was hard, but we did it, and that is part of why we are late, we just barely came from their house and they gave us some food to eat as well.
 
(Do you go into Oaxaca every p-day for district meetings?  Where do your district leaders live?)

7.  The district leader is in the other part of Etla.  We are Etla 1 and they are Etla 2.  We go all the way to Brenamiel.  But we do it on Tuesdays at 9 in the morning.
 
(Any members you're becoming close with?)

8.  There is one family, and that is the family that we go with to wash clothes, the familia Ruiz.  They are just a really cool family and really nice.  They have a daughter that is 3, and she is really cute and is really funny.  But they are a really nice family, and they are converts too.
 
(Do you ever get a chance to play the guitar?)

9.  Ya, I will always try to practice a little bit every night and sometimes for a bit in the morning, I cant play very well at all, and the part of the reason why I didn't stick with it is that I cant sing worth anything, I remember that now.  But I'm still trying to learn.
 

(How do you get your money?  I found some pesos laying around, should I send them to you?)
10.  Its way easier to take the money out of an ATM.  So don't try to send it, just keep the pesos to know what kind of money we are dealing with, I think I like using pesos more than dollars.  Though it is kind of crazy when shopping costs $300, then I realize that it is just $27ish.  But ya, I probably wouldn't try to send it.

Anyway, I gotta write the pres.  So I will try to send some pics while I am writing.  But remember that I love you all so much, make sure you tell Great Grandma K that I got her package and that I say gracias.  I also received Grandma Bells package today, and me and my comp really are enjoying the caramel popcorn and cookies.  Probably will eat some when we get home.  But I love you, thanks for all of your support and love.  Talk to you more next week.

Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment