Monday, November 14, 2011

Welcome to Comitancillo

Hola mi familia,
 
Sorry I'm not going to have time to say much this week.  Back into the Frying Pan for me, I'm here sweating in the Istmo again.  I was cold last night, and after a long day of several buses first to Tehuantepec, then Juchitan, then to Ixtepec, and now I'm here in my new area, Comitancillo.  Its night but I'm sweating a little bit anyway, I think of all you up there with the blessing of snow.  I'm jealous.
 
(Did you get transferred?)
 
1.  Yep, here I am in Comitancillo in the Istmo, break out the Google Earth I suppose, cant give you any more info about where I'm at.  My new companion is Elder Vega, he is from Ciudad de Mexico.  He has two months on his mission, the good thing is that he speaks Spanish perfectly and knows the area and the members.  I'm sad that I had to leave Etla so soon and also Elder Jones, but hopefully everything goes well here, I don't know Elder Vega very well yet, but he seems really good.  Though I need to switch back to full time Spanish, its hard to joke and laugh in another language.  Its a small rama here, about the same size as Union Hidalgo, Elder Vega said there were 28 members in church yesterday.  So we will see how things are going.  We finally had three baptisms coming up in Etla, that also makes me sad...
 
(Why did you get to go to Monte Alban last week?)
 
2.  Only us in Zona Monte Alban got to go to Monte Alban.  It was because we had set a baptism goal for the month of October, and we met it, so we got to go to the Temple and also to Monte Alban.  Sorry, the internets aren't as good here in the Istmo and I cant load photos into this computer, hopefully next week we can find a different place or figure something out, so no more photos this week, sorry.
 
(Did you get your package?)
 
3.  Well, I'm way out in the Istmo, I'm sure that it will be awhile before I get it now.  I don't have it yet.
 
(Will you get a chance to send your package home to us?)
 
4.  I hope that I can find a way to do it, I didn't get everything I wanted to get while I was in Etla, and I might not be able to get as many things here.  So it wont be impressive, if I even manage to be able to send one.
 
(Any baptisms scheduled yet?)
 
5.  We finally have set 3 baptismal dates!  But now I'm not in Etla anymore.  There will be a baptism here this Saturday, but that really isn't mine.  I've got to relearn everything from scratch.  It always does kind of stink to change areas.  I don't know the investigators, the members, the area, nada.  Its hard... I never really have liked change.
 
(I heard there were some new areas opening up this cambio.  Is that true and are you going to one?)
 
6.  Well, I was moved, but this area isn't new.  And it is true that there are a lot of new areas as well as two new zones for this change.  As far as I know, nothing too bad has happened here.  Just that a lot of things get stolen if you leave it in a bad place in the house.
 
Speaking of the house, its a huge downgrade.  Its also a cement oven, and if we open the windows the mosquitoes will swarm.  But it is still not even near as bad as Union Hidalgo.  Though I guess at least the toilet in Union Hidalgo could flush like a normal toilet, we have to manual flush this one, it doesn't have a tank.  There also isn't a shower head, back to the buckets poured on my head.
 
But I'm out of time, so I will talk to you next week.  Love you all so much, enjoy your snow!
 
Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment