Hola mi familia!
Como estan? I hope that you all did have a great time there in California. Things are going down here in Comitancillo. It was cooler earlier in the week because there was a little bit of wind, but it has died down and its been really hot the last 3 days. The clock that I have says the temperature, and inside the house when we left it at 12:00 said 100 degrees. Its not as hot outside, but it feels worse when you are walking in the sun. I think its mostly for the humidity, its not really bad, but it does make it seems hotter than it is.
Sorry I don't have a lot of time, we had to go to Juchitan and also I have to do an inventory of the house, which will take a lot of time. So I have to rush, sorry.
(Any packages yet?)
1. I received the package on Tuesday during the District Meeting. It was really huge, everyone commented on it. But thank you so much, I have mostly everything set up. We don't have anywhere to put the stockings, but I fear the rats, though we believe that we have finally won, but we think we have a mouse in the house now. But we´ll see, I've got everything protected.
(How is the rat situation?)
2. Our house started stinking yesterday, and today it smelled really bad. But that means we won, we found the rat today and buried in our yard so that it wouldn't stink more, and the house almost smells normal again. So I think that we are good now, but I'm still not going to risk leaving things out. Like I said, there may be a small mouse as well.
(How was the work this week? Any success?)
3. We had two less actives come to church yesterday, so that was cool to see that maybe we have done something, we also have a few new people to teach, but we still haven't seen too much success. We have a married couple that has listened and are really good. Se llaman Francisco y Daisy. We felt like we should invite them to be baptized, but they didn't accept it, so we are kinda disappointed because of that, hopefully we can see some more improvement with them this week.
(Are there any families that you're becoming close with in the branch?)
4. Mmmmm... a little bit, but not really. It has a totally different feeling being out here in a small branch. Its hard because the branch president lives way out in Juchitan, so hes never here. But we haven't become really close with any families, but there are a few that are really good.
(Any special experiences to share this week?)
5. We had a really neat spiritual experience with a family, I can't remember if I told you about the Noche de Hogar we had last Monday. But we went with a family this week for another Noche de Hogar, and we just taught a really basic lesson, but the spirit was there, and it was really cool. They are an amazing family, the one that we are closest to probably, they have less than a year in the church. But the father has been going less active, he has been working on Sundays like everyone else in Mexico. We didn't focus on him or anything, but it was just a great lesson and we had an activity at the end, that was simple. We just had everyone write their name on a paper and pass it around and everyone wrote on it what they loved about the person. It ended up being really great. They will be able to go to the temple when they have a year. But the father actually came to church yesterday, which was really neat.
(Tell us anything else you'd like to let us know)
6. Sorry I don't have much time.
So I've gotta move on and write up an inventory of the things that are in the house and their conditions, and its kinda late, we used too much time in going to Juchitan, but we had to do it to pay the rent for the house. So today was spent really fast. But thank you so much for the package mom, it is wonderful, and I'm excited for Christmas. Also, I received a package from Wes and Dayna, so please, please tell them thank you. I was also informed today that another package has arrived for me, so thank you to whoever sent it, I'll know tomorrow when I get it.
I love you all so much, and I will talk to you more next week.
Love,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment