Monday, December 19, 2011

So much to say...so little time.

There is so much to say today and I have so little time.  I'm just going to go onto the questions.
 
(Whats the word on the Christmas phone call?)
 
1.  I have chatted with you a bit sobre eso.  But here are some possible phone numbers to call if we can't skype.  There is a store that will lend me a phone for 3 pesos every 10 minutes, not alot. 
   Or there is a number that a non-member has that we may be able to use, they have some family that is members here.
 
I will send a quick email on Wednesday to confirm what time and how we will do it if we dont decide right now.  but our quick conversation will have more of the details.
 
(Is Ruben and Abel still getting baptized this week?)
 
2.  Abel isn't going to be baptized this week, we are kinda sad about that.  However the baptism of Ruben is still set for the 24th.  We are hoping that everything goes well with it.  The problem is that we aren't sure what time it will be at, and we have to travel to do that, so I'm not sure how that will affect the call, hopefully Wednesday I will know.  But we are excited.
 
(Where do you buy your groceries at?  Is there a store of do you have to go into Juchitan?)
 
3.  We have gone to Juchitan a few times, but mostly we go to Ixtepec on Tuesday after the meeting.  They don't like it when we do that, but the transports only leave at certain hours anyway, and so we always go afterwards instead of just waiting around in Ixtepec.  And its hard to take a lot of time out of pday to go all the way there to do it.  But its worked out good so far.
 
(Did you find a hammock for Christmas?)
 
4.  No, nobody makes hammocks here, and whenever we go to other places we don't have time to look around... though I did find a different Christmas present, I got myself a cheap guitar, it's really cool and I'm learning a few of the hymns poco a poco, not much time to practice, but they are coming along.  I can already play Silent Night, and I will play it this week for several members probably.  I recorded a video of me playing it, but this computer wont let me send it to you, maybe next week when we are in the better internet place I can send it, even though Christmas will be past.
 
(Were you ever able to get my gift to Sis. Leyva?)
 
5.  We had interviews with the president on Saturday, and I gave it to him in my interview, so hopefully he will get it there, and hopefully it isn't bad that I gave it directly to him.
 
(Tell me how your shoes are wearing out already?)
 
6.  Its just the soles, it might be because I have flat feet, they are wearing out, and on the back part its almost completely worn through.  I will be able to buy here, but I may just have a zapateria change the sole for cheaper.  I like my shoes.
 
(Are you needing new shirts and garments?)
 
7.  I'm still fine in with garments and shirts.
 
(When is the zone conference and the next cambio?)
 
8.  The zone conference is the 23rd, so Friday if I'm right.  And the next cambios are on the 26th, so the day right after Christmas.  Elder Vega had a dream that he was moved, so that is his guess.  But we never know.
 
(Did you get any more packages?)
 
9.  I received two packages, one from the Huffs, and the other from Grandma.  There was a lot of letters in the one from Grandma, and I've been slowly reading them,, hopefully that's okay, I couldn't wait.  But thank you to everyone who sent those letters, especially Mckinley of course.
 
I love you all so much!, I'm excited for the call, hopefully skype works well, it will be a different Christmas, but it will be a really good one nonetheless.  I'm excited to be able to talk with you!  Have a good week!  Thank you for all of your love support and prayers.
 
Elder Call
 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment