Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A good week with investigators

Hola mi familia!
 
How is everything going?  I know that you are enjoying another vacation without me, haha, but Braden and Bri didn't go either.  I hope that you are having fun over in Hawaii.  Sorry that this letter will also be a little bit shorter as well, I bought a new memory card and USB memory and am trying to save the photos, I think that it is working so far.  Its a different problem, I cant even open them on the computer, but I think I found a way to save them, my other USB memory has the same problem, but I'm working on it now, so hopefully it all works out.  Anyway, Ill give a look at the Qs for now,
 
(How was your week?  Tell us about some of your investigators)
 
1.  This week was a good week, it was a bummer in a few ways, we didn't teach as much this week, we had a lot of appointments fall through.  Saturday and Sunday were really hard because there was a wedding.  Weddings in Oaxaca are really long, filled with some traditions which are neat, some that are annoying (like blowing up a million fireworks at 3:00 in the morning) and the whole entire pueblo is invited.  And because the whole pueblo is family, everyone goes.  But that's just how things work in Mexico.
 
On the other hand, we finally have some exciting news.  We have talked with Daisy and she came to church again, and she has accepted to be baptized this Saturday in Juchitan.  She is looking forward to it and sure that it is something she wants to do.  Its a surprise to me that she came back, and it really is a miracle.  So that is something that we are really looking forward to and will be focusing on this week.  Also, Abel accepted to be baptized on Saturday as well.  He is going to need some work, well, not him, but his parents.  So we are going to see what happens with him, we have an appointment set with his parents, so we are going to be able to see what they think.
 
So in the end, it was a good week. 
 
(Did my birthday package arrive?)
 
2.  No birthday package yet.
 
(What did you do on your birthday?  Anything fun?)
 
3.  We went out and worked, we were actually busy on my birthday, so that was good.  I don't feel any different, its just not as cool to be 20 as it is to be 19 in the mission.  Almost everyone that you meet asks you the same questions, where are you from and all that, and one of those is, how old are you?  People usually guess that I'm 25ish, some have gone as high as 30.  But normally everyone is surprised that I'm only 19.  But now, when I say 20, they just are like, oh, ok.  Its not as young I guess.  Not as strange to find a 20 year old missionary far from home than it is to find a 19 year old one.  But it was a good b day, the elders from our district brought a cake to the district meeting on Tuesday for me and they all sung the mañanitas.  Also Hermana Leyva called on my birthday at night and played me the mañanitas over the cell phone on the piano, and she wished me a happy birthday.  It was really nice of her.
 
(Have you tried using a different card in your camera?  Maybe that's the problem.)
 
4.  The camera is fine, its just that the memory got a virus or something, I got a new card today and it works just fine, and I just managed to finish getting all my photos from my USB and camera memory, so they should all be fine.
 
Anyway, sorry for another short one, but at least I'm now assured that my fotos are safe.  I hope.  I would promise a better letter next week, but who knows, I might be transferred, or at least have to wait a ton of time for a new comp to come, and so there may not be a ton of time next week either.  But I hope that you had a good trip, thanks to everyone for remembering me and for all of your love and support that you've given.  I love you all, have a great week.
 
Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment