Monday, June 25, 2012

Another week has gone flying by...

Hola mi familia!

Yet another week has gone flying by! Time goes really fast, but anyway, how are you all doing? Its good to hear that Braden and Dad enjoyed the fishing trip, sounds like it was lots of fun and that they had really good luck. Hope that all is ready and set to go for girls camp, I'm sure everything will be fine. Everything is going good down here in Oaxaca, its rained pretty much every afternoon this week, and its been raining really hard today especially. Well, on to the questions.


(Did you get the sticker situation taken care of?)



1. I forgot to take them with me last week, made me kinda upset, so hopefully tomorrow morning I remember to take them and see if the office elders can get them there for me.


(How was your week?  Any new investigators?  Were you able to contact Carmen again?)



2. It was a good week, we were able to find several new people to teach by knocking doors, nothing too exciting really happened though, all seem like pretty normal investigators for now, hopefully they can progress, none of them came to church or have read, or even prayed yet. The disappointment is that we still havent been able to contact Carmen, we are trying to have a member that is her friend from a different ward try to contact her for us because we either have terrible luck or Carmen just is never home anymore.

  The great news is that one of our new investigators from last week has accepted a baptismal date! Her name is Edilma, and she works as a principle for a preschool/kindergarten. It's hard for us to teach her because her school is 7 hours away from Oaxaca (in a small town by Matias Romero). But she has come to church twice now, and on Saturday we went with Elio (ward mission leader) to teach her in the church. We played the little Restoration movie and taught her about the church. Later we talked about baptism and invited her to be baptized, she accepted happily and told us that about three weeks ago she was invited to see a baptism. While there she felt the spirit and felt the desire to be baptized, she is really excited to learn the lessons and be baptized, she already knows a good amount about the church because she has a friend that has invited her and explained some things. So we are excited to be teaching her!


(Anything fun/exciting/different happent this week?)



3. Well, not really, it was a pretty normal week, lots of rain and mud, some dogs attacked us unsuccessfully thankfully, several of our meals fell through, so we ate several times at restaurants (I personally enjoyed it, but it caused us to lose more time). Ya, the fecha is the best part of the week. We have planned several noches de hogar for the whole ward to try and find more people to teach and to unify the ward more. Every other Saturday, starting with this Saturday we will have the ward night in the church, hopefully we have some good turnouts.


(How is the food that you get in this area?)



4. It's pretty much the same as the rest of the city. Although with Elder Butler we got to eat some Tlayudas al pastor. They are a cross between Tlayudas and Tacos al pastor, it was really good. You'll have to try them one day. That was cool, but not really different in any way. The hard part is that the majority of our area, and the members, are more humble and live in poorer conditions, so we eat the basic, though the members really do try to give us the best that they can always. The members are always so nice here.


(I was reading online about Xoxo, and it says there is a famous cemetary that everyone comes to see, expecially for Dia de los Muertos.  Have you seen it?  Do you have any idea what I'm talking about?)



5. Well, I've never seen so many cemeteries in an area for my whole mission, or life I suppose. There are quite a few in our area, so I don't know which one it is, though there is one that everyone refers to as the "old cemetery." It has a really old and collapsing cathedral in the middle of it, I haven't entered it, but it looks kinda like a cool little place, or creepy if you go at night.


(We need to see some pics of your apartment.  Can you send some?)



6. I do have pictures, but the computer isn't reading the memory card, it won't show up, hopefully I will figure it out and send them.



Well, everything is going good down here. Hopefully its the same fo all of you. I'll try to get some photos to you here in a second if the computer lets me. But I love you all, and I will talk to you next week!


Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment