Another week has gone by down here in Huatulco. The sun is out and the surf is up, I think, who knows actually, I haven't gone to the beach... sniffle. Anyway, today a really nice family invited us to eat breakfast with them, the four of us. They live in a super pilas part of Huatulco. They work as the groundskeepers of a really nice place with lots of villas overlooking the ocean, and the view was amazing! It is somewhere before you get to the bahía Conejos, and its close to the bahía Tangalunda (or something like that). We saw a giant rock sticking out with waves crashing against it, it was about a kilometer or a little less from the shore, see if you can find it. But it was a really nice, we ate some eggs, fish with chile, salt, lemon, and onion, black beans, and tostadas to accompany it. But it was some good food, the fish was really spicy, but I actually enjoyed it, just had to drink lots of lemonade too. But anyway, it was a great week, I'll get onto the Qs for now.
(Ok, so I think I figured out that you do live in the Crucecita area by one of the churches. Where, in relation to the church is your apartment?)
1. Ya our church is the one in the Crucecita, the Crucecita basically is the centro area of Huatulco. Look for a gas station close to the Crucecita, it will be in a large crossroads of several highways. follow the highway that touches the gas station and is in between the gas station and a park. The road is split into two sides, with palm trees in the middle of the two, we walk this road every day. You will soon hit a canal and a bridge. We are in the apartment on the corner before the canal, on the left side while headed away from the gas station and facing the canal. the swimming pool is behind the apartment if you enter it from the highway / canal side. There are a ton of apartments, but ours is basically the corner one, though the corner is rounded. I have no idea about the street names.
(Are you enjoying living with 4 Elders rather than just you and your comp?)
2. It certainly does make things more interesting. Elder Chan is going home to the Yucatan after this change, hes a bit more serious, Elder Lule is just a party fun loving guy who rarely finds time to be serious. Elder Price and Elder Lule are always going at it with the jokes and things, but its pretty fun. I find it a lot more enjoyable with 4 elders there, I feel like I can be a little bit less stressed going home at night and being able to talk and eat with all four of us there. We all bought good food this week, and so we are going to cook up a good dinner every night, and a few good breakfasts, so it will be great. But ya, 4 elders in the house is better.
(Do you still have to do your laundry by hand?)
3. We are taking our shirts and pants to a laundry place, and a member lets us use her washing machine for our garments. The washing here is terrible outside of a nice laundry place, the clothes are just soaked in sweat, they stink even after washing them in the washing machine. But oh well, cant do anything about that.
(Any luck with Nelly and Paola this week, or with any new investigators?)
4. Well, the great news of this week is that Nelly and Paola now have accepted a baptismal date for the 19th, and they came to church yesterday. It was really great, and the members were all really nice in saying high to Nelly and giving her hugs and everything, it was really special and Nelly was really happy. We didn't ask the members to do anything like that, but it was really cool to see their love towards this deaf and mute lady. Paola is also doing really well, we hope to keep helping them progress and feel the Spirit.
(Any chance to see the beach yet?)
5. No :( We may plan on making a quick stop next week, but I'm not sure if we should, but we at least got to see the ocean today, it was a really beautiful view. But hopefully we will be able to go one day quickly.
(We'd love some pictures!!!)
6. Well, the computer that has me really mad is not letting me put them on. I really want to send them, but sometimes things just don't work like they should in Mexico.
(Do you still only eat once a day with a member? I hope you're trying to eat at least something else sometime during the day!)
7. Well, we only eat once a day with members. Its fun because we usually will eat the four of us together at the same time. But Elder Chan enjoys being a chef, so we will usually cook up something for dinner together for all of us. We did some good shopping at Super Che this morning for the week, this week we decided to put all of our money together and really get some good stuff for breakfast and for dinner. So it should be enjoyable.
(I've been trying to find the centro you're talking about. Is it by the zocalo in the middle of town? Is it by the Iglesia de Crucecita church? Supposedly that church has a famous painting of the Virgin of Guadalupe in it. Are you allowed in the churches, just to look?)
8. Ya the centro is where the Zocalo is and the great and spacious building is found. And about going in... we´ll check it out in the future when I'm no longer wearing missionary clothes, but ya, one day Ill see it. For now, no go.
(Anything special/interesting/fun to share this week?)
9. Well, we also found a wonderful family that we have only taught once, but they came to church and are really nice. We are hoping to help them out and they seem really interested. Marcela and Julian are the parents, they only need to get married, and then they have Daniel, Alex, and Marcelita. But we had a really neat and spiritual lesson with them. They are really nice, they were a reference that we received from a member last week. They invited them to go with the young men and women to an actividad where they went to swim in a river somewhere nearby.
And another one of my favorite parts of the week was on Thursday. The hermana had some problems and had to leave for Pinotepa Nacional. Oh, the hermana I'm talking about is the one that we were supposed to eat with. Anyway, it was cool with me, because we decided to go and eat at a really nice Italian restaurant. I had some lasagna, they had a lot of delicious looking foods, but I had to stick with the basics. The owners are actually from Italy, and it was really good. Unlimited bread with a good sauce to spread on it, and a salad with balsamic vinegar and with olives on it! It made me happy. Gotta love a good tourist spot. Which reminds me, I also enjoyed a really delicious Dr Pepper this week, okay, I had to drink several because I realized that some stores actually sell them here. It was the first time in some 16 or 17 months, it was pretty sweet.
But ya, it was a great week, things are going great for the work and all around down here. Huatulco is a pretty cool place, I got really lucky in coming here. But anyway, I love you all so much, I miss you all. Time is flying and we´ll be able to see each other pretty soon. But for now, keep doing all of the good things that you are doing, I'm happy to be here even though its hard being away from you. I love you, have a wonderful week!
Love,
Jordan
Yay, fotos de mi casa. Esta un poco chiquito. Pero esta bien, es difícil mantenerlo limpio con 4 misioneros, y cuando tomé los fotos, la casa no estaba en mucho orden. Pero ni modo, esta bien la casa. Solo que nos sentimos tristes cuando salimos cada día y pasamos por la alberca. Quiero nadar.
(Ok seriously...did he forget we don't speak Spanish?? Here is the google translation:)
Yay, pictures of my house. This is a bit small. But this, it is difficult to keep clean with 4 missionaries, and when I took the photos, the house was not in much order. But either way, the house is fine. Only when we feel sad when we leave each day and spent by the pool. I want to swim.
Us enjoying the breakfast in the house of the hermana Elia.
Here is a whole bunch of pictures I took of the beautiful view that we had while we went to eat with the family. Now you can see a little bit better if you can find the giant rock mountain out in the water on google earth or something. But anyway, we went on a walk through the villas while the hermana was finishing with preparing breakfast. (I know it wasnt nice of us to leave her, but we wanted to check out the fresa houses and the ocean view) There was a really nice little breeze going, we could kinda smell the ocean, and the view was beautiful. We saw the little hot tub thing empty in one of the villas, so we had to take a picture in it. But it was fun, and nice to see the beautiful view.
No comments:
Post a Comment