Mi querido papá y familia,
Hope that you all are enjoying your Labor Day Weekend. I´m really jealous of you guys being able to eat steak, corn, and potatoes. I know I never was a huge steak guy, but the mission doesn't just change a person spiritually, I miss good food like that sometimes, hopefully you really enjoyed your manly meal! Jaja. It sounds like everything is going great for everyone up there, keep enjoying all that you are doing.
This week was a good week, we had some fun and everyone was sad that Elder Price would be leaving, and so he got the chance to say goodbye to everyone, we had a going away party thing for Elder Chan. Elder Price and I made brownies, the whole rama thought they were amazing, though we just made them from a box. However, in the end, we got a surprise. At about 9:00 we got the call for the changes (It would have been later if we weren't with the Zone Leaders), turns out, Elder Price isn't leaving. We are staying the same, so that will make this letter alot shorter, there isn't anything new to explain. So it will be fun this week to see some of the members surprise that Elder Price is still here. But I'm happy, its been a fun change together, and now we will get one more. Elder Price is a really good guy, her really wanted to leave so that he could be made senior comp, but hopefully it will happen next change.
We are still teaching Alan, and sadly he didn't come to church this week, but he has been doing really great with reading the Book of Mormon and also the pamphlets. He is a really cool guy, I'm still excited for him. He also invited us to eat on the 15th, he is a chef and is looking for a job at a suite here in Huatulco. He loves to cook, so we were talking about food one visit. He asked what are the foods that are unique to the US. We had a hard time thinking of things. Then Elder Price thought of Barbecue, so he wants to invite us to some barbecue, we may take him up, sounds pretty good. We also have a District (not district in the mission sense, like a stake) activity on the 14th coming up pretty soon for Independence day. Hopefully we can find more people to teach through the activity.
Mom mentioned the elections, and that Mitt Romney was selected as the Republican´s candidate. That´s cool to hear, though the world shouldn´t freak out over it. Anyway, I've been asking a few people to see what was going on with Romney, but nobody knows anything about it here. So keep me updated, it is something interesting.
Anyway, sorry there isn't much to tell today, but Dad left some questions, so I will answer them.
(Do you ever use the filtered water bottle that we sent with you?)
1. I only have used it once in my mission, and it was in Union Hidalgo (first area). Though it saved my life, I was dying of thirst, and we had no garrafon water. Normally, we will always be smart and have a garrafon in the house, and we will be a new one for about $10-$20 as soon as it runs out. I always have a liter water bottle full in the fridge. But I still have the filter just in case. Maybe there are problems down here, but you can always find a store or some way to buy drinkable water.
(Have you ever needed the antibiotics that we sent?)
2. Not really. I cut myself once and used Neosporin. Though I shouldn't say anything, I did get a little bit sick this week, though I'm just about better now. I got a sore throat and a cough, it lasted about 4 days. But nothing serious.
(Do you guys get regular "de-worming" pills that you're supposed to take?)
3. I thought that we were supposed to. A long time ago Hermana Leyva distributed some pills that were supposed to do something, though I'm not sure if they were de-worming. But that is the only thing that I have ever received and taken, and it had no visible effect, though it was quite a while ago. Supposedly all of us will receive what is known as the Bomb when we head back home. I don't know if its true or just a rumor, but its supposed to do some good damage to your body, though also clean it out extremely well. Fact or fiction? I don't know.
(Have you been to any wrestling matches?)
4. No, sadly. I would like to, but we aren't permitted to go to such public events. Plus, I've only heard of a few matches, I'm not sure if they are done on the down low or if they only have a few every year.
(Do you ever do any of your magic tricks for the kids there?)
5. I wish that I could remember all of the tricks that I once knew, it would be really helpful and fun. I have only done a simple trick of making a coin disappear or sometimes of changing a 5 peso coin into a 10 peso coin. But Braden should start practicing some good ones so that he can show them to the kids, they love it when a missionary does magic tricks. But I lost my skill and ability, and I cant remember any, that's the biggest problem.
(Have you seen any good fireworks lately?)
6. Lately, there haven't been any fireworks, though the 15th of September we are sure to see a whole bunch of them while all of Mexico is doing the Shout. Hopefully Huatulco can put up some good ones, though I haven't seen any firework stands... last year there were a whole bunch. But I was in the city. And also the most fireworks I saw was in Comitancillo over Christmas and New Years, there were tons of them, and they were going off every day not just on those days.
(How are the mosquitoes?)
7. There aren't an unbearable amount, but there are alot, I still can't figure out why they love soooo much to eat my ankles, its the most annoying spot too. They bite me right through the sock. Though during our trek through the Huatulcan Jungle there were swarms of them, and we put tons of repellent on, and even then we got a few bites. No signs of West Nile yet.
(Do you miss your dad?)
8. I do miss you dad! I wish that you could come out here and give me advice on what to do, I wish that I could see how it is that you would work out here in the field and how you would be able to help these people. I also miss all that the good times that we have had together, on trips, on the boat, and at home. Wish I could be there to really enjoy your barbecuing and a nice guys only weekend! You´re a wonderful father, and I'm glad that I have you as an example, I'm going to have to rely on it alot as the future goes rolling along without stopping. I love you so much dad! It will be great to be together again and have all of us together as a family for a time before Braden heads out on a mission.
Well, Sorry that I don't have too much interesting to say this week. I guess something important is that we may have a baptism this week if all goes well. An investigator from Coyol moved here to Huatulco and she is ready to get baptized, so we need to figure out what is going to happen with her. We need to finish the teaching and then hopefully the Elders from Coyol can come over here for her baptism.
I got mom's quick video, though it cut off too soon. But I got to see part of the family, so I just want to say hi back to all of you! I love all of you and miss you. Thank you all so much for all of your love, support, and especially your prayers. I will talk to you all next week!
Love,
Jordan
p.s. : Thanks for the package! I'm loving it, it had a lot of really good things in there! I'll be enjoying it slowly over the next week or two.
No comments:
Post a Comment