Hey, well... I wasn't planning on the news that I just barely received a few minutes ago, and now I don't have much time to write, so sorry that this letter may be kinda shorter. But I just got a call that I am being moved today to Santa Maria Huatulco with Elder Lopez, and that I am the new District Leader. Elder Vega was moved out last week to the offices, and Elder Lopez (who goes home after this week) has been with us most of the week, and I already went a few times out to Santa Maria with Elder Lopez. But, I have to go and pack and do everything really quickly and move out there, so I have to hurry. I'm gonna get on to the questions for now.
(Has the package arrived? Delivery has been attempted, but it seems that nobody is ever in the office to get it.)
1. That's a bummer that it hasn't gotten there yet. Will they not try to reattempt to send the package? I guess I will let them now when I can about the package in the post office.
(Ok, I have to ask about what you said last week about the missionaries in Puerto Angel being kidnapped.)
2. Nothing much, it was kinda dumb to be honest, and it wasn't really kidnapped, I guess a better translation for their situation was detained. But they went into the house of a drunk guy, and the drunk guy got really aggressive and he wouldn't let them leave until really late in the night, we had to call members form Puerto Angel and they went to go and get them out of the house. It just caused a lot of problems and concerns, but nothing really happened in the end. They just weren't very smart and went into a house when they shouldn't have.
(We were laughing at the HUGE plate of steak you had. Did you really eat all of that? If I remember, you were never especially fond of steak.)
3. Its been a long 19 months or so since I've eaten good meat that isn't chicken or in mole or a soup. And so some really nice members made us fish and steak, and it was soooo good. I've come to really appreciate a good steak, and Elder Shaum and I were in heaven eating some delicious steaks and mashed potatoes. jaja!
(How was the week? Do you still have the baptism set for the 24th?)
4. It was kind of a bummer week for our area, I was in Santa Maria for two days with Elder Lopez, because he didn't have a compaƱero, and then us three were here. The references and contacts turned out okay, but nobody really interested, but everything is going amazing with Tirso. We went with him and read in 2 Nephi 31 and talked about his baptismal date. At the first of the week he was kind of nervous about his baptism, but after inviting him to pray about his date, we went back and he told us that he had prayed and was sure that he needed to be baptized on the 24th, and also, Santa Maria had a baptism this Saturday and Tirso went to see it and he was really exited for his baptism, now I'm just sad that I won't be here for the baptism. But he will be getting baptized this Saturday.
(What are your plans for Thanksgiving? You said a family was inviting you over, right?)
5. An Hermana called Lesly invited us over for Thanksgiving, we were going to make a turkey and everything, but now I probably won't have a good Thanksgiving meal, because I'm moving. But the good thing is that Grandma Bell got me a package and she sent some delicious looking Turkey and gravy packages that Elder Lopez and I can enjoy at night, so I will be able to have a small thanksgiving with him at least. I want to tell Grandma thank you for the package, I'm really going to enjoy it, and I love the cakebites, they are super good!
(How are your feet doing? Will your shoes make it another 3 months?)
6. My feet are doing okay, and the shoes are worn, but they will make it to the end. My backpack is about to rip, so I may need to buy one more before the end, unless I find a nice hermana in Santa Maria who can fix it for me. And another thing that is worrying me more than feet are my eyes. I don't know why, but they are constantly red, and sometimes they are irritating me, but not always. Yesterday one of my eyes got super red and I don't know why they keep doing that. So I may need to buy some eye drops this week, but I'm not sure if it could be something else, or would it just be from water getting in my eyes when I shower and because of the heat and sun? Anyway, I'll let you know if it keeps happening throughout this week too.
(How is Elder Schaum's cold? Did you get it?)
7. Hes been taking his time getting better, but I think that he is finally feeling good. And I never did catch his cold, I'm still doing good, its just my eyes for this last week have been bugging me, that's the only health problem I've got.
(Tell us the funnest/most interesting thing that happened this week.)
8. Well... not much happened that was interesting this week. I went on two day vacations to Santa Maria, and now its going to be my area. I'm going to be sending Elder Lopez home, (his spirit is already there). And now I'm LD, we´ll see how it goes, I don't know how good I will be, I'm not very good at giving good capacitations or anything like that in front of people. It also looks like Santa Maria will be my last area, so I end on the beautiful coast of Oaxaca before going home.
Well... I gotta go a runnin. But just to end, I'm glad that my package got there and I hope that you all enjoyed it! Did anything break in the journey? I hope not. Its your early Christmas presents.
Anyway, I love you all so much. Thank you Grandma for the package, I will definitely enjoy it. I hope that you all have a wonderful week and enjoy Thanksgiving! Talk to you all later!
Love,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment