Jordan: This is the earliest I've been on. Hope you're there! I didn't get a question letter before now though so my letter doesn't have any of that.
Tammy: I sent you one yesterday, you should have gotten it today I was thinking! Has Clark arrived? Send pictures! Top or bottom bunk?
Jordan: Well, like I said, it may be the evil twin, but I think it takes time to sort through all the dear elders. I just stopped by the mail office 15 minutes ago. I don't think Clark is here yet, hopefully I find him when he is though. Funny story on the pics. I went in Mon and Tue this week, the machines were broken. But they are being processed now. Should have some by tomorrow or Mon. I'm on top bunk.
Tammy: Oh Jordan! I love you! How are you doing? I won't take up your time, I want you to still write a letter. I miss you tons but you sound like you are doing well. How did you get top bunk? Weren't you the first one there in the room?
Jordan: Well, my escort took me into my room, and in the same second dragged me out the door, so I didn't even really see or do anything in my room at all until that night. He took me straight to the class where we waited until all our district was there. So the other people got first choice, but it's ok. I love you Mom. Wish you could come see me at the Temple, but they say not to do that. Makes sense though.
Tammy: I've thought about it! Has any other moms that you've seen? Sort of weird. Anyway, write your letter. We all love you and miss you and are so proud of you. Any thoughts for things you would like sent in a package to Mexico for when you arrive?
Jordan: I don't know yet, but I'll answer the package question when that is closer. One of our branch presidency got angry at a missionary headed to Hong Kong, (not in our branch of course) when he met his whole family up there, bad luck on his part that he actually was on the temple walk. But there have been a fair amount of meetings I've noticed. Love you, tell everyone I said hi. Text Dad for me.
Tammy: Braden is here and he says hello. I actually need to send the Mexico package in a week or so because it takes so long to get there, so let me know when you can. Love you!
Now his e-mail...
Quierido Familia,
Que Tal? I hope everything is going good with everything you're doing. I just heard that USU lost, guess I got that part wrong on my bracket. I actually have a bracket, haha. One of the Elders in our Zone was sent a ton of Brackets by his Padre. So I filled one out. I wish we could go and watch the games at Salt Lake, that was really awesome seeing them from the private box area. But oh well, next year I probably won't even have a Bracket because I'll be in Mexico. They most likely don't care in the slightest about college basketball in the Estados Unidos.
Things are going okay on my end, it's certainly not easy, we're overrun by everything people try to have us do, and we aren't given time to do it. Spanish is coming along okay, I'm terrible at it. If people in my district ask me for words, I usually know the most, but I absolutely cannot put a sentence together at all, unless I take 5 minutes in my head to figure it out. And apparently HSI doesn't hit until now. (I just got Mom's first message back) But now Hermano Scott expects 100% Spanish in la clase, as well as everywhere else, that's not gonna happen. One, because our District likes talking, and in Espanol, there isn't much successful communication going on. But we need to be pushed in order to learn, so we're trying, but it makes learning so hard when you only know a few words that the teacher says.
I think I remember you asking about gym, Thursday and Saturday gym are no bueno. Because our gym time is mixed with all of the new missionaries, so it's super crowded. So Elder Gotchy and I usually try to find an open basket and just shoot some basketballs on those days. But on Mon through Wed, we play volleyball. It's pretty fun, but I've smashed my thumb, and It wont stop hurting, it's almost been a week, it think it's okay though, but it just keeps hurting, not to bad though. There has been one missionary in our district, Elder Crook, who hurt his ankle playing b-ball. He's healing though, thankfully it wasn't too bad, so it shouldn't delay him.
A District that is leaving for Mexico next week got their Visas on time (in our zone). One of them actually got their Visa 3 weeks early. So hopefully ours come in time as well. Although there is one Elder in our Zone who was supposed to head to Peru MTC after 3 weeks, but he's now 3 weeks overdue, no Visa. But his comp was in the same situation, but actually got his Visa and left him when the 3 weeks were over. So that kind of sucks for him. But a long story short, it turns out his comp got mugged in the Peru MTC (must be more open than this one) and is beat up pretty bad. He's gotta go back to US for surgery, but supposedly expects to be able to still serve after healed. So that means the Elder that's still here would've been with him when it happened. The Lord knows whats going on though, I'm sure that may have been a reason for his Visa problems.
Well, I only have 2 minutes left. Yo os amo ( I love you all). So sorry this letter isn't very long or good, but we have so much happen in a week, and I can't remember it all and write it all in a few minutes. I'll try to write you, hope you got and liked my schedule letter. If you see josh and drew tell them to write me, i'm gonna try to write them soon. Love you all, tell Bri to pet Pepper for me. haha. Once again i love you.
Elder Call
No comments:
Post a Comment