Friday, March 25, 2011

Letters sent to the Mexico MTC...no bueno

Here is Jordan's letter for this week.  I did have a chance to e-mail back and forth with him for a minute.  He still sounds like he's doing so well.  He is really enjoying his companion and he says he has "the best district ever."  Also in his letter you will notice references to a rogue letter that Nate sent on the "Dear Elder" site this week.  He accidentally sent it to the Mexico MTC, not the Provo MTC.  Somewhere out there in Mexico a letter is waiting for Jordan...

Tammy


Dear Family,

Como estan ustedes.  Huh, apparently this computer can’t do question marks, sorry.

 Everything is well on this nice snowy p-day.  I just picked up a package from the Johnson's.  Tell them I say thank you so much!  It was a really good package with caramel popcorn in it even.  I am in the middle of a letter to you in which I will put pictures.  So hopefully you~ll get it next week.  Sorry about all the symbols, this computer seems to be messed up.  I^m sorry to say that I didn~t get the letter from Dad this week.  Hopefully the Mexico MTC doesn~t care! haha.  I don~t know if they will figure it out.  Anyway, I^ve got the question letter so I~ll start with that.  And then in my picture letter I~ll write a few other things too.

1.  I haven’t been hit by any major sicknesses.  Earlier this week I felt really sick to the stomach one night, but I doubted it was a bug and it only lasted that night.  I also had a sore throat this morning but its gone now.  My finger is doing okay now.

2.  I’m sorry, but i didn’t get dad~s letter on Monday.  Hope the Mexico MTC enjoys it! Ha ha.

3.  Visa.  Sigh... good news and bad news.  But mostly good, I’m happy about it at least.  Half of our district went to Salt Lake yesterday and signed their Visas.  But the 4 of us going to Oaxaca didn~t go.  Their going to both Cuernavaca and one to Merida.  I messed up their missions when I wrote you several weeks ago.  But I think it may be a record in earliness for Mexico.  I’ll write more about it in my letter.

4.  Sorry, I really don’t know what to have you send in my Mexico package.  I have no clue whatsoever what it will be like there.  And what it is that I’ll want.  I don’t know if I will need a mosquito net or not.  I just don’t know anything.  And there isnt anyway to find anything out from here.  We get no news or connection about anything, even concerning our missions.  If you need ideas for packages to send here, I’d enjoy some gummies!

5.  The language is coming okay.  It~s really hard, but it is incredible how much I have learned.  I^m gonna talk about it more in detail in my letter.  But my biggest of biggest fear now is actually understanding the language.  Hermano Scott has occasionally showed us on a video native speakers talking about random subjects.  I honestly cannot understand a single thing they say.  Even the few examples where they talk slow.  Its like every sentence is just one long word.  Or else they have such an accent or way of speaking that it is impossible to tell what they^re saying.  I’m really scared about that.  But the language is slowly coming.  Thankfully I can remember a little bit from High School, so its helping a little bit.   Elder Gotchy is kinda struggling with the language and I’m trying to help him, he took just as much spanish as I did in high school though.  But anyway... the listening is the scariest part.  I^ll give more details in my letter, 9 min left.

6.  Okay I’m pumped about this.  We are going to be the new elder greeters next Wednesday, and that is when Clark arrives.  Its probably a one in a million chance that I get to host for him, but it would be awesome.  So next Wednesday is when he gets here.  I got a letter from him Monday and wanna try to write him before he comes.

7.  Our room is honestly the cleanest one on the floor.  Everyone elses is pretty cluttered, and I know you don’t think it, but I’m at least slightly organized enough to keep things clean.  The picture I^ll send is from the first night, so it doesn~t look perfect yet, but it is still better than anybody elses.  Its also Elder Gotchys fault, military trains him to be organized I guess.  But I wouldn’t be bad without him.

Thanks for sending me your letters, tell me everything and anything, there is no news at all here from Babylon (what we call the outside world which we are cut off from) so keep any news or any of your thoughts and feelings coming.

I love all of you!  Tell pepper I miss her.  I really wish I could have her curl up on my lap and pet her.  I hope everything is going well.  Braden, the soccer juggle record is 1820!  You can beat it.  But that’s massive!  Anyway no more time, write more in my letter.  I love all of you and miss you all.  But I’m doing okay here.  Te amo!

Elder Call


No comments:

Post a Comment