July 11, 2011
Hello and Happy Cambio!
Hola mi famila,
I hope that you are all having fun on your cruise ship. All the places you are going to visit sound really cool. Im sad that I cant be there, but I guess if I was at home you would have left me behind anyway. haha. I know how hard it is to try to talk to someone and you both cant understand each other, I hope the German taxi driver was friendly about your difficulties, I know the taxi and bus drivers here certainly wouldn't be. But I hope you are all enjoying yourselves! Say hi to Grandpa, Marge, Larry, and Paula for me, and anyone else (maybe like Edward). haha, but now on to the questions.
(Ok, the big question. Did you get transferred or get a new companion?)
1. A lot of stress over the cambios, for me at least, because I didn't want to leave Casablanca, because I have really come to love this area, and because I didn't want to leave my investigators behind. The most likely was that Elder Pimentel would leave and I would stay with a different companion, I didn't really want that either. But in the end we are both staying! So I'm happy about that. This is the first cambio ever in Elder Pimentels mission that he hasn't switched companions, he has had a different companion every single cambio except for me now. But anyway, that's good news.
(Did you meet the new president yet?)
(Ok, the big question. Did you get transferred or get a new companion?)
1. A lot of stress over the cambios, for me at least, because I didn't want to leave Casablanca, because I have really come to love this area, and because I didn't want to leave my investigators behind. The most likely was that Elder Pimentel would leave and I would stay with a different companion, I didn't really want that either. But in the end we are both staying! So I'm happy about that. This is the first cambio ever in Elder Pimentels mission that he hasn't switched companions, he has had a different companion every single cambio except for me now. But anyway, that's good news.
(Did you meet the new president yet?)
2. We had the Zone Conference last Wednesday, and we met the new Presidente and his wife. He talks kinda fast, which is only a problem for me, so I didn't catch everything that he shared throughout the Zone Conference, but it was really good. He and his wife seem to be slightly daunted at the task that is now put upon them, but he seems like he is going to make a really good mission president. It is pretty hard to be a mission president I'm sure. They have three children that came with them. Their oldest is a daughter 18 years old and going to enter a university here in Oaxaca, a 16 year old son who is going to have to finish school here and then is planning on his mission, and another son of 13 or 14 years. I dunno, its gotta be rough on a family to be moved like that, and their parents are going to be constantly busy. But I think they will certainly do great. Hermana Leyva seems really nice too, she is also very... artsy I guess. I dunno, but she is an amazing piano player, and she is hand writing a special letter for every Zone Conference that she{ll copy and give to the missionaries, and she draws and makes it all fancy like, I dunno, stuff like that. But she is really nice.
I'm not sure how the mission will change with Presidente Leyva, but from my first impression, I really like him. He seems really nice too, but I cant say too much about him so far. As I get to know him better throughout my mission (if I get the chance to) I will write more about him.
(Did you see Elder Gotchy or any of the the other Elders at zone conference?)
(Did you see Elder Gotchy or any of the the other Elders at zone conference?)
3. Nobody from my district is in the city (after this change who knows though). Gotchty stayed in the Istmo and Elders Wagner and Jones were in the Coast during the last change. I also think Elder Day was still in the Istmo also, but I don't know what has happened with them during this cambio.
(Did the baptisms go through that you had set up for July 10th?)
(Did the baptisms go through that you had set up for July 10th?)
4. Okay, this is the other reason that I was stressed for the cambios, because the baptism didn't happen yesterday. Everything went okay with Hermano Victors surgery on his foot, but he still couldn't walk and had some pain in his foot on Saturday, his son Victor Hugo wants to wait to baptized with his other brother Uriel and his dad. So it is set for this coming Sunday (the 17th) and I'm thinking that the only thing that is holding them back is Hermano Victors foot, so if it heals, we should be able to baptize them this week. They are such a wonderful family, and its hard for me to see that Victor actually threatened the other missionaries and told them to not come back. He is actually a really kind and loving father, its amazing to see that people have the ability to correct themselves and become better, its something that takes a lot of humility. I'm excited for them, and hope that in one year and a week they can be sealed for eternity.
I also told you about the basketball family (that's my short name for them). We have gone and talked briefly with them, and played a game to 20 with them on Saturday. They didn't come to church yesterday because the mom was sick. But we may go and set another day to teach them tonight, and eat at Lorenzos taco stand. It may only be fairly safe to eat at, but I have eaten worse I think. So I'm not sure how they will progress or if they will, but I'm hoping they will listen and feel the truth of the things that we teach them. Lorenzo has already told us that he has now gone three months without drinking, so he already realizes that he needs to change, I'm hoping he can see the great change and blessings the Gospel will bring his family.
(We saw that you had a withdrawl from your account. Just checking to make sure it was you and the card hasn't been stolen. Hope you got something good!)
(We saw that you had a withdrawl from your account. Just checking to make sure it was you and the card hasn't been stolen. Hope you got something good!)
5. Yes, It was me who used the card and it isn't stolen... yet. It wasn't an emergency, but I bought a $500 Mexico Playera (jersey) its pretty sweet. But ya, I used it and I guess it works. So ya...
(I've been worried about a bottle of poo-pouri that I sent it you last package. I was so careful to bag up anything I thought might break, but I forgot about that. Was it ok?)
(I've been worried about a bottle of poo-pouri that I sent it you last package. I was so careful to bag up anything I thought might break, but I forgot about that. Was it ok?)
6. Haha, the poo-pouri was pretty funny, but practical. Don't worry, the package arrived safely and un-scented, the poo-pouri stayed in its container. Thank you sooo much for the package though, it was a really good 4th of July package, although nobody else celebrated it here. Oh! and the Bear Lake Jam is great, thank you.
(How did the move go?)
7. The move went well, we moved and only a few days later we were able to buy all the things that we needed. There was only one problem, the gas regulator we had to buy for the gas tank didn't work, it leaked. So we went a day with cold water and had no way to cook. The next day we had to waste time to go and exchange it, and it still was a faulty one that leaked. The next day we couldn't go, and then finally the third exchange worked. So now we have good showers and can cook, fridge, beds, a closet, an actually clean bathroom, and its actually a really nice house. It really makes it nice to know that I can return to a house that is clean, nice, and has food for me at the end of the day. But ya, all is well with the house.
(How did the move go?)
7. The move went well, we moved and only a few days later we were able to buy all the things that we needed. There was only one problem, the gas regulator we had to buy for the gas tank didn't work, it leaked. So we went a day with cold water and had no way to cook. The next day we had to waste time to go and exchange it, and it still was a faulty one that leaked. The next day we couldn't go, and then finally the third exchange worked. So now we have good showers and can cook, fridge, beds, a closet, an actually clean bathroom, and its actually a really nice house. It really makes it nice to know that I can return to a house that is clean, nice, and has food for me at the end of the day. But ya, all is well with the house.
So it has started to rain while we have been here, and its not too bad right now, hopefully it doesn't get worse, because Elder Pimentel had to go and lose his umbrella, and mine is too small for the both of us. But oh well i guess, water doesnt kill, but my Bible got a little wet and is slightly wrinkly, which isn't good.
Anyway, I love you and hope that your day goes well, you will be in Berlin tomorrow? That sounds really cool. I hope that Pepper is doing okay and Braden too. Enjoy your trip! I love you so much and miss you, two years is seeming shorter and shorter though, its crazy to think that I actually am close to having a quarter of my mission done already. But I will talk to you again next week! Love you!
Love,
Jordan
Here are some pictures from the tippy top of an extremely steep mountainside. Every Sunday this month we have to climb up here to the house of a member to eat. The view of Oaxaca is really neat, but its hard to scale the steep streets all the way up here, its actually the highest house on the whole side of the mountain. And the whole way up to the house Briannas famous words are echoing through my mind, "This is like death." We always arrive with sweat dripping off of our faces. But here is a good portion of Oaxaca. You can see that the rain is coming, and come it did, but thats okay, at least it was cool for the way back down, but thats the easy part.
Here are some pictures from the tippy top of an extremely steep mountainside. Every Sunday this month we have to climb up here to the house of a member to eat. The view of Oaxaca is really neat, but its hard to scale the steep streets all the way up here, its actually the highest house on the whole side of the mountain. And the whole way up to the house Briannas famous words are echoing through my mind, "This is like death." We always arrive with sweat dripping off of our faces. But here is a good portion of Oaxaca. You can see that the rain is coming, and come it did, but thats okay, at least it was cool for the way back down, but thats the easy part.
No comments:
Post a Comment