Our family is spread out pretty far in lots of parts of the world right now. I hope that you have all enjoyed your trip, grandpa too. Say hi to everyone for me. Hope that Braden and Bri are doing all right too, and also Pepper of course. We don't have a lot of time to write at the moment because we are going to go to a members house and ask for a movie that talks about temples and being sealed as a family and eternal life. We have a Noche de Hogar tonight after our district meeting. And the familia Guerra is going to be there, and so in one year they will have the chance to be sealed for eternity together! So we are going to talk about that and hopefully find a movie, so I'll get on to the questions.
(How was your week? Did anything good happen?)
(How was your week? Did anything good happen?)
1. It was a pretty normal week, aside from one extremely good thing and one bad thing. The good news is that we did have the baptism! It was great, but Ill talk about that in the question. The bad thing that happened is that I got a massive blister on my foot. We went to teach the family of Lorenzo about the Restoration of the church (the basketball family) and of course they invited us to go to the court that is a small distance from their house to play a game. So we went, and at the end of the game my foot was really hurting. And I had a blister bigger than Id ever seen before, I'm not sure if you want a description, but I guess Ill give it anyway, it looked like a pepperoni on my foot, right on the part closest to the big toe. Anyway, it hurt all through the day and I guess I had a slight limp. But towards the end of the day it really rained hard and it hurt even worse. But it is healing and only hurt for the day and the day after, I have pictures of it but maybe Id better not send them. Its not that bad, but I think mom doesn't need to see it.
(How is the new apartment?)
(How is the new apartment?)
2. The new apartment is great. It has plenty of room and is clean and nice and new. Everything is working and we have yet to have a problem with it so far. A lot better than Union. But Union is all part of the experience I guess, but its in the past now... at least for now.
(Any baptisms?)
(Any baptisms?)
3. Yay! This is what its all about. The numbers don't matter in the mission, but I had the chance to see this beautiful family come into the Gospel and felt such a joy and happiness that I have had this opportunity to come here to Mexico on my mission. The Guerra family is a really beautiful family and I know that the Lord loves them so much. I still cant believe that Victor ever told the missionaries to never come back, all I can see is a wonderful father in him. So we did have the baptisms yesterday (Sunday). Elder Pimentel baptized Hermano Victor and Uriel. And I baptized Hugo. He is the first person I have ever baptized! And sadly... yes I had to do it twice, I actually said everything right, But the first time his hand and a little bit of his hair didnt go under the water. But I guess that's okay, I feel a little bit bad about it, but it happens, and he still was baptized. But ya, I'm happy about everything right now. Ill send some fotos we took before the baptism.
(Did you meet the new president yet?)
(Did you meet the new president yet?)
4. We didn't meet with the new president week, I told you all that I know one or two letters ago. But I think he will be a great president.
(Has the package with the ipod arrived yet? I'm sitting on pins and needles about this one!)
(Has the package with the ipod arrived yet? I'm sitting on pins and needles about this one!)
5. The package hasn't arrived yet, I told the Zone leaders to check for it (they go to the offices every Tuesday, but I guess they didn't get it because I haven't heard anything about it, but Ill have them check again, I can tell them when I see them at the District Meeting in a bit.
(Anything else exciting that happened this week?)
(Anything else exciting that happened this week?)
6. We haven't been finding any new investigators that have been good. I told you a little bit about Monse one time, and she was ready to be baptized. I cant remember if I have said this, but her father who is in jail wont give her permission to be baptized and also her mom is moving the family to Mexicali. So they are leaving and we will be losing her as an investigator. Which is really sad, but its beyond my control. We met and have taught another family twice this week, but they are kinda floating around with every religion and aren't showing much interest. Who knows, but we anyway, we don't really have any investigators right now after the baptism. So we are going to have to be working really hard with finding people this week. Oh, I guess I can also say that Elder Pimentel and I were called out of the blue on Sunday to give a talk during Sacrament meeting. I can do talks if its 1. in English, 2. Ive got it planned out, and 3. If Ive practiced it. It didn't go very well, I was pretty nervous in front of everybody, and also nervous because I knew that we had the baptism in 2 hours after the church classes, and I think it showed quite clearly in my shaky voice with my shaky Spanish. It wasn't very exciting, I guess it helped me remember that I still don't like talking in front of people. My quite self that doesn't like attention still exists.
That's all that I can think of that is interesting to tell you right now. Cant wait to see a few pictures and hear a little bit about your trip next week! I love you so much and thank you for all of your support and prayers, I know that every one counts. Ive been so blessed throughout my life and have been able to see our Heavenly Fathers love even more here in the mission field, in my life and in others. I'm happy that I have had this chance to play a very small role in helping a family come unto Christ. I love you all, Ill talk to you next week.
Love,
Jordan
So these are the two pictures I have of the family Guerra. These were taken right before we went to have the baptism. (Explaining from the picture that has Elder Pimentel and I) Starting at me and going right, first is Hermano Victor Hugo, then his wife Anaid, then Victor Hugo who is called Hugo (and he is who I baptized). Then in front you have Uriel, and then the youngest is Angel. They are such a wonderful family. Angel is always so funny, but this is the family so you can see them.
Here is two pictures I took looking both ways from the spot that I was at in the time... I don't think its a street, but whatever you would call it. Then the picture with the 3 people is some members. Starting from left is Fatima, Diana, and then I can't remember the name of the other sister, but her husband is Armando and they have a son named Nathan that is two months old. And I don't know half of the people in the picture with a lot of people because they are family members from different parts of Oaxaca.
No comments:
Post a Comment