Monday, August 15, 2011

6th month milestone! No longer a "Greenie"

Hola mi familia,

Its true, the six month mark has already arrived.  Well, tomorrow it will arrive.  One quarter of my mission!  ¡No manches, its gone by so fast!  It really has been a long time, but at the same time it seems like a blink.  All of the students here in Mexico are starting there school, Wonder if Braden and Brianna are excited for school?  I would guess not, nobody here is either, kids in Mexico aren't fans of having their vacations ended by school either.  Anyway, I don't have much time today, so I'll try to hurry through the questions so I can send a few pictures.
 
(Are you sure all of the bites on your ankles and feet are from mosquitoes?  I've been worrying that maybe they're from fleas!)

1.  I'm pretty confident my hundreds of bites on my ankles are from mosquitoes.  If it was from something in my bed they'd probably be all over my body.  And usually whenever we are teaching a lesson in a house I will look down and find 3 or 4 mosquitoes happily sucking my blood through my socks.
 
(How did the work go this week?)

2.  We will be having a baptism this week!  It will be on Saturday, a woman named Rosario.  She has been taught for almost a whole year by the missionaries, but because of her family traditions in a church, she didn't want to be baptized until August, and so I haven't really taught her that much, but we have just been going over the lessons with her and making sure she remembers everything, and she is a really good investigator.  She knows all the lessons and has been coming to church.  She works at a church place somewhere in the city.  She calls it the Hinckley, but I'm not sure what it is, but that is where she learned about the gospel.  Anyway, I guess we have had at least some success in this cambio, even though she truly isn't our investigator, but its still always good to have a part, however small, in something as great as this.
 
(In your picture I see your suitcase sitting on the floor.  Don't you have a closet or dresser to put things away in?)

3.  Ya, we have a really small closet, but with only enough room for our clothes, nothing more, so the suitcases are on the floor.  But that's okay, part of the reason we choose this house is because it actually has a closet, not many did.
 
(When is the next change?)

4.  This is the final week!  Next Monday I will most likely have a different companion.  I hope my next compañero is just as good as my first three.  Our guess is that Elder Pimentel will leave and I will stay in Casablanca, however, I also thought that I would stay in Union with my trainer, because I wasn't done being trained, but that didn't happen either.  But if Elder Pimentel stays here for another change, he will have 6 months in the same area, so I think he will leave, and who knows what will happen with me.
 
(Have you been getting Brandon's letters or do I need to forward them to you?)

5.  Wes has been forwarding Brandon's letters to me.  Which is great.  Tell him thank you for me.  Well, if he reads this on the blog then I guess he will see this so I can say it myself huh?  Thanks Wes!  (but thank him anyway just in case he doesn't see this)
 
(Any meeting with the President yet?)

6.  Nothing more than his first Zone Conference, and the interviews that I have told you about.  I can write more about him when the zone conference happens, my opinion keeps changing as things are happening here, and I'm running out of time right now, sorry.
 
(Any exciting news this week?)

7.  Not much more than that of the baptism that we will be having this Saturday.  This week was pretty uneventful.  Well, it was eventful, but nothing out of the ordinary eventful.
 
(Are you feeling good this week?)

8.  Ya, my health is good, the members are still laughing about the beans of death.  There are a few members who always ask me if I ate the beans this week.  But its pretty funny, its just that we found out what it was in the beans that made me sick, its just that the name is long and I don't have a clue as to how to spell it, or say it yet.  But it is some type of leaf.
 
(Do you need me to send any more white shirts or garments?  How are they holding up with all that hand washing?)

9.  I can tell that my clothes are headed downhill.  But they are still good.  I'll let you know when I need new stuff like that, because honestly, there are some missionaries who only have yellow shirts and ties, not white shirts and ties.

Well, sorry this letter is really fast, gotta go to the district meeting.  I'll hurry and send some pictures.  I love you all so much!  Hope you have a great week, I'll talk to you next week hopefully.  Though p-days that are transfer days are cut down quite a bit.  Depends on what happens, if I have to travel or if my new comp will have to travel.  Anyway, love you all!

Love,
Jordan
 
 
I love you guys!  I'll talk to you all next week.  Here are some photos.  The pictures of the tunnel are just a place in our area.  We were contacting doors, and went down into this trench place that is a draining route for a lot of water when it is raining.  And when it rains this tunnel is totally filled and its a river.  But there were doors along this trench we were contacting and we came across this tunnel that runs under some streets and buildings, and we thought it was a cool place to rest for a second and take some pictures before resuming our door knocking.  Then there are some pictures of our area, and I already can't remember which pictures I selected to send, I can't look at them once I click okay, and they are still loading right now anyway.  Oh ya, there is one that I have with a pretty legit sombrero.  It has a name... like usual I can't remember that name for this fancy type of sombrero.  Although you can't see it the sombrero very good in the picture.

Well, I will write you again next week.  Its crazy to think that I already have a quarter of my mission past.  It seems like so much, yet I still feel totally green, and lacking in my Spanish.  The new elders who arrived this cambio (and have 12 weeks less than me) have been told that by their 3rd cambio, they will be training a new missionary, and it will be a new gringo too!  This is the end of my third cambio, and I think it would be really hard to have spent this cambio training a gringo who can't speak or understand or even know what to do, when I myself can't speak, understand, or know what to do.  Anyway, we'll see what the next cambio holds in store for me, hopefully nothing too hard, though I doubt it will be anything crazy like trianing.  Anyway, the last photo is done and I have to go.  I love you all so much!  Talk to you again next week!
 
 
 



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment