Monday, August 22, 2011

Change...but no change

Dear family,

Where in the world am I writing from today?  Well... Its the same place as I have been writing for the last 12 weeks.  And who is my new companion?  Also nothing exciting to report, I'm still with Elder Pimentel.  While its not very exciting news, I think its good news, I'm happy to stay here for one more transfer with Elder Pimentel.  He really is a great companion and this area is really great too.  I've come to love the members here, its going to be hard to leave this place, but at the same time, if I stay here again at the end of this new cambio, it will mean that I will have spent a quarter of my mission in the same area.  We were sure that at least Elder Pimentel would leave, but at the end of this cambio, he will have had a quarter of his mission here.  He's not upset, but he just feels like he has been here for forever, and I'm also the first companion he has had for more than one cambio, and he will have me for 3 cambios.  But we are excited to have this cambio here in Casablanca, we have a lot of prospective investigators.  Wow, that sounded fancy.  Anyway, we really don't have a lot of investigators to start off this cambio, but there is a bunch of people who have family members that are members, so we are going to try and work with them.  But who knows what will happen this cambio?
 
(Tell us about the cambio.  Do you have a new area or a new companion?)

1.  I guess I already answered this question.
 
(Did you get to baptize Rosario on Saturday?)

2.  The baptism went really well this Saturday.  On Friday night we went on some quick divisions with some other elders.  Elder Pimentel went to interview an investigator that was baptized on Saturday too, and Elder Hernandez ( a different DL) came with me to interview Rosario.  I cant remember if I ever mentioned that Elder Pimentel is the District Leader, if not, now you know.  Hes been DL all this time.  Anyway, the baptismal services went really well.  Although on Saturday morning Elder Pimentel and I spent two hours cleaning the baptismal font, it was extremely gross.  Good thing Rosario didn't see it before it was cleaned.  But last week water flowed backward into the font from the drain because of the rain, and it was really greenish-brown water with a lot of dirt and bugs.  The font was filled with this water all last week though, and lets just say that it was no longer white when the water finally drained again.  So we spent a ton of time cleaning, but eventually it was mostly white again, and ready for the baptism.
We were also worried on Sunday though, because Rosario didn't show up on time to Sacrament Meeting for her confirmation.  She didn't come until 10 minutes before Sacrament ended, and the bishop confirmed her at the end of the meeting.  But through the whole meeting we were worried because she didn't answer her phone or anything, but all is well.  She has two kids that are old enough to be baptized, and they want to be baptized, but we need to work on getting permission from their father.  Hopefully they can be baptized this cambio.
 
(Tell us anything exciting that happened this week.)

3.  The most exciting thing that happened this week was the baptism.  Not too much happened really this week.  Just a bunch of contacting and teaching, the usual missionary week.  Though on Tuesday we went on some divisions, mas o menos.  There was a meeting with all of the DLs and ZLs with the mission president.  So Elder Pimentel went to that, but two other missionaries whose comps are leaders came with me to Casablanca to work for about 4 hours here.  So we were in a threesome of new-ish Gringos.  One of the elders, Elder Olvando, has 6 months just like me, but already knew Spanish before the mission, so he was here one cambio before me I think.  The other, Elder Prince, only has one cambio (this is the end of his first).  He doesn't know Spanish perfectly, but he knew a good amount before the mission, and already speaks as good as I do, and I already have a 3 cambios.  So that makes me feel worse about my Spanish.  Its good, but its still pretty terrible in the end.  My vocabulary is limited beyond talking about the Gospel.  But as a trio we taught an investigator we have, ate at a members house, and contacted a good amount of doors and people, but it is really hard to contact doors with three people.  Hopefully I don't get put in a tri-panionship, Elder Pimentel had 3 weeks of a tri-panionship.  But ya... nothing really exciting.
 
(Have you had Zone Conference yet?)

4.  Zone Conference still hasn't happened.  Maybe it will happen soon, or maybe Presidente Leyva will change how often we have Zone Conferences.  But we still haven't been informed about it yet.

Well, that's all of your questions this week.  I know you probably thought like I did that I would be headed somewhere else or have a different compañero, so I'd have more to talk about, but I don't.

I should mention I used the debit card again, so if there is a purchase its nothing to worry about, I still have it, it hasn't been stolen.  Ummmm.... what else?  Good luck Braden and Bri with school coming up.  Hope everything goes well for you both this year!  And I hope everything goes well with Braden's soccer, we played soccer in the morning with some members.  I was goalie, and Elder Pimentel is slightly mad at me because he was on the other team and I actually did really good, though I hurt a little bit, I took a lot of flaming fast shots.  No, hes not mad with me, but I stopped a lot of shots, and it was pretty fun.

  The familia Guerra is going to move to a different town closer to Hermano Victor Hugo's work in a week or so.  So sadly we wont be able to see them.  But we visited them this week and we bought a tie for Uriel because he doesn't have one, and a manual for family home evenings for them.  They were really happy about it, they are such a great family, I hope that in one year I can get permission from the President to go to the temple with them.  That would be really exciting.

Oh ya, and about the facebook thing, Hermana Leyva called me today and told me to tell you about it.  She said that she sent you a message or something, and if I understood her Spanish right that you had responded.  Anyway, so you know I guess there will be a facebook website, that we can't use, but our families can.  I guess in my families case they have your wonderful blog to see more of my pictures and to read my letters, but if you want I guess you can go there to see things from the whole mission.  I'd assume that it will be in Spanish though.  But I am going to send some of our pics to Hermana Leyva for her to put on the facebook page.  I think the page is called misionmexicooaxaca.  But I'm not sure, I already can't remember, but it will be something close to that if you want to look for it.

And congratulations dad on taking second place in your golf tourney!  I know I didn't go golfing as much as I should have when I was there before my mission.  But I would really like to play a round with you right now.  The only grass I've seen so far is at the churches, but its not very good grass, haha.  I also thought it was funny that the mouse pad for the computer I am using has a picture of a green from a golf course.  But congrats!

Anyway, I think that I'm out of things to say for the moment.  I hope you all had an excellent week.  And I hope everything goes well for you all this week as well, especially with school coming up.  But I hope that you all know that I love you all so much!  Thanks for your letters mom, and thanks to everyone else for your love and support.  I'll send a few pictures and then I will talk to you again next week.  Love you!

Love,
Jordan
 
Here is some pictures with Rosario right before her baptism.  In the one without us, starting from the left is the person who baptized her, he is a counselor in a stake presidency (not Estaca Monte Alban, ours) and she knows him from her work at the Hinckley (which is a school), next is Rosario, then her son Arturo, then her daughter Paula, and then the last is another of her friends (she is the wife of the person who baptized her).

Then I also put some cool pictures of the sky that we took at the church, the sky was really blue, I don't know why, but here are some pics
 
 
 
 
 
 








And here are some more pictures, some are of our district all in our brand new jerseys.  Because the scripture covers were turned down, and we saw it coming, as a whole zone we all ordered these Mexico jerseys with our names on the back.  They are pretty sweet.  We ordered them 3 weeks ago I think, and they arrived last Monday.  So here is some pictures of our district with our jerseys, then some pictures I attempted to take myself of me and my jersey, I know they aren't very good.  And also some pictures of one of the Jiffy pops that we cooked this week.  We really enjoyed it!  So thanks a lot!  Can't wait for the next package, they really are like Christmas.

Anyway, I love you all so much!  Talk to you again next week.






 \





No comments:

Post a Comment