Mi Querida Familia,
I hope that you all had a fun and great New Years. For us in the mission its just another normal day, except for the fact that we couldn't teach anyone on the 31st, because everyone was preparing for all of their fiestas. And then the 1st was when everyone was asleep in their houses. Church attendance was low, but still wasn't as bad as my first Sunday here where we only had 5 people. Hopefully it doesn't become a habit for anyone to miss out on church. Overall, it has been a good week, tough because there were 3 fiestas every day of the week, everyone plans their b-day parties, weddings, quinceaños, and other fiestas in this week, so Comitancillo just partied all week, making it difficult for us, but in the end it wasn't too bad of a week.
(How was your week? Any new investigators?)
1. We started teaching a new investigator named Alfonso, he is really good and even read the chapter we left for him to read in the book of mormon. He didn't come to church because of New Years, but he seems like he would be a really good investigator who is interested. The thing is, we are going to have to pass him on to some missionaries in Mexico City, because that is where he lives, he was just here for 2 weeks during the festivities.
Ruben is doing really well, we are still working a little bit with him.
The only investigator that we had come to church was Abel, who had a baptism date when I arrived here, but then said that he wasn't ready, we've been struggling with him for the last 6 weeks and haven't been able to teach him or see him too much. But we decided to stop by on Sunday, and with a lot of convincing he actually came, for the first time in my time here in Comitancillo. So we hope to be able to see him regain his ànimo and start to progress again.
We also are teaching un señor by the name of Alfredo, he hasn't come to church yet, but he seems really interested in finding the truth, he always has lots of really good, and sometimes hard, questions. But he has been keeping the commitments to pray and to read. He has been hard to find because he works alot, he will usually be working in the fields or will be playing music in some place with his band.
These are our main investigators.
(What did you do for New Year's Eve? I read on Sis. Leyva's FB that you were all supposed to be in by 9:30)
2. There were parties all week, New Years wasn't anything different. We came home a little bit early because there were alot more people out than normal. But at 12:00 I was woken up by a more than normal amount of fireworks going off at the same time. But it was just a normal day for us, we did get invited by some non-members to join them for a dinner, but not until 10:00 at night, so we had to decline.
(Did you get the chance to use the soccer ball yet?)
3. We were planning on playing sports again with the young men today and I was going to use it, but we had to go to Ixetepec to pay the rent and the bills, and the transportation is terrible in Comitancillo, we used a lot of time because of the bus schedule and we didn't have time today, hopefully next week will be better, and we can play.
(I'm getting a package ready. Anything that you need me to send?)
4. Mmmm, I don't really need to much, I got a lot more things than I should have for Christmas! But it might be nice to get a good notebook that is narrow ruled. All of the notebooks here have pictures of Wrestlers and things on them and are really wide ruled, and I feel weird buying one like that, they don't sell any conventional plain notebooks. Peanut butter might be nice, I've been missing the jars of peanut butter that Elder Jones received. I don't want a ton, but a jar would be nice. I just asked my comp what he would like if he could have something that you cant buy here in Oaxaca, his list is longer than mine. He mentioned a few good things though, chocolate twizzlers, if there are still truffles around from Christmas (I prefer the white chocolate ones as you know), and some Little Ceasar's... I don't know if that will be good when it arrives. But really, just send what you think I would like, surprises are better. Oh but the Jiffy Pop you sent was awesome too. So you can maybe include some of that, but don't worry, I won't worry either, because you always send good packages and always know what I need, I don't know how, but you usually do.
(Did anything fun or interesting happen this week?)
5. Interesting... hmmm, not really. A few more drunkards with their comments than normal. We successfully took out another intruding rat, (this one died inside of the oven that doesn't work, and was more stinky.) There has appeared more evidence of another rat that may be next in line for the poison, only two days after the death of the most recent. They just keep coming, but only one at a time, they wait their turn to come invade our house. It has become really, really windy today. Elder Vega has begun to teach me Japanese, its easier to learn if you know Spanish actually. And... that's all.
Ya, not too interesting of a week really. One interesting chisme that we learned about today is that the internet is down for all of the missionaries on the Coast and in Salina Cruz. When we arrived it wasn't working here either. Thankfully its working now so that I can write you. I don't know if the internet returned to the other places, but you don't have to be freaking out about not receiving a letter this week.
I love you all so much and hope that you all have a great week and a good start to a new year! Thank you for all that you do for me, all of your prayers support, and love. I will talk to you all next week.
Love,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment