Monday, January 16, 2012

Que hemos hecho a 11 meses!‏ (Can you believe it's been 11 months?)

Hola mi familia!
 
Sorry for the letter last week, I just didn't have time and the internet wasn't working very well, hopefully I can write a a good letter this time.  I'm going to just go onto the questions for now.
 
(How was your week?  Did you have any success?)
 
1.  This week was okay, but Its been pretty disappointing these last two weeks.  Especially because we haven't had anyone come to church in the last two domingos... oh Sundays.  and so we have been pretty sad about that.  it seems like it doesn't matter what it is that we do to try and get the people to come, they just wont come.  We have been working really hard with the commitment to come to church, and we are struggling for some reason.  We also lost an investigator, I'm not sure if Ive told you about Daisy.  But she always came to church and was ready for baptism, we had a baptismal date set with her for two days ago actually.  But she hadn't come for several Sundays, and when we visited her Tuesday, she told us that her husband didn't want her wasting time going to church on Sundays and so Daisy told us that she had to obey.  Its kind of a sad marriage, we have been able to see that her husband really uses her a lot to serve him, and it makes me feel sad that I now cant help Daisy, but I know that one day maybe a seed will sprout from what we have shared with her.
 
(Do the internet places have a printer that you can use?  I'm sending a talk that maybe you can print out instead of taking your time to read it now.)
 
2.  The majority of the internet places have a printer.  I'm going to print out the talk that you sent when I leave here.
 
(Did you get any packages recently?)
 
3.  I did receive a package from the Kerr's and also from Larry and family.  Thank you so much, I loved both the packages a lot!  Thank you for all of your support.
 
(How has your health been lately?  Are you still feeling good?)
 
4.  I haven't had any health problems recently, everything is still going good with my body.
 
(Is there anywhere you could go out to eat in Comitancillo on your birthday?  Maybe when you're in Ixtepec on Tuesdays?)
 
5.  Ixtepec is big and has lots of places, but I don't really know Ixtepec, and we won't ever be there to eat.  Comitancillo only has a few places that are only open late at night and in the morning.  There never really is any time to eat out anyway, and there aren't any places that make anything special or delicious that actually entices me enough to go and eat there.
 
(Were you able to give out any of the CD's or CTR rings?)
 
6.  I have been able to give out a few, I gave some CDs to a couple families on Christmas as a Christmas present and they loved it.  I need to give out the rings though.
 
(I just got a call that I need to send an inventory of the house, so its going to cut my time, sorry, I'll write fast.)
 
(Were you able to get a hammock or get your shoes "cobbled"?)
 
7.  Like I said, they don't make hammocks here.  But the gift that I got from grandma really was the guitar, I've been really enjoying it and am actually going to play Mas Cerca, Dios, de Ti this week in a Noche de Hogar, I'm still not that good, but hopefully I do okay.  I really don't need you to send me shoes or a hammock, when I find a hammock I will buy it (though my suitcases aren't going to be able to fit anything the next time I move, so a hammock will wait for a while), and I am going to have my shoes... cobbled?  We did find a trustable mexican cobbler down here in Comitancillo.  haha, Elder Vega had his shoes resoled this week, so I will probably have the cobbler cobble my shoes soon.  It doesn't cost too much either.
 
Aunt Chris,
Thank you so much for the money that you sent me.  It really means a lot to me that you are thinking about me even though I'm far away.  I hope that everything is going well for you and that our Heavenly Father will bless you in your life.  I have learned here on my mission of the love that He has for us.  I know that prayers are heard and answered and I know that Heavenly Father has so much love for you.  I want you to know that I too love you and want to thank you so much for the gift that you have given me.
 
I love you all so much, I'm sorry that this letter also isn't too big of one.  Just remember this week mom, that your Heavenly Father is watching over you in the times when our callings in life are hard, good luck with all of the camp planning, but I know that as you pray and seek for guidance from our Heavenly Father, help will come and that you will be able to see his hand in everything, even though it probably wont be easy.  I honestly have been feeling down a little bit recently, I feel like we aren't having success right now, especially with losing Daisy and with our other good investigator Abel, who hasn't come to church for a long while.  But I know that everything will turn out all right.  I love you Mom.
 
Thanks for all of the prayers that everyone of you offer for me, I know they are heard, and I love you all and thank you all so much, have a great week!
 
Love,
Jordan
 

No comments:

Post a Comment