I received an email today from a missionary mom saying that there had been an earthquake in Oaxaca. Of course I ran to the internet to see what I could find out. This is what I found:
The U.S. Geological Survey set the intensity at 7.6 and said the epicenter was 11 miles underground. Mexico’s National Seismological Survey said the temblor had an epicenter southwest of Ometepec and was felt strongly in Oaxaca.
Jordan just moved back to the city yesterday, which is approximately 100 miles from the epicenter. Sis. Leyva, the mission president's wife wrote this on her FB page:
"We just had 2 intense earthquakes here in Oaxaca. Through Facebook we would just like to let you know that all the missionaries that we have talked to are ok. There are still Zones that we have not communicated with but the areas that were close to the epicenter are all ok. The earthquakes have stopped now. We will inform everyone when we get more answers from all the missionaries. Its just right now everyone is calling and the phone line has filled up and we are constantly trying to call all the other missionaries. When we know we will let you know. From what we can see, it looks like everyone will be ok."
I'll keep you updated when I hear anything more.
Tammy
No comments:
Post a Comment