Hola mi familia!
How are things going up there in Logan? Hope Bri is excited for her dancing and Braden plays well in his game this weekend. Everything is okay down here for me. I also hope that work is going well for you Dad and also for you Mom. I love you all so much. Well, I know that you all really want to hear about the news of the cambios, sadly I can't give too much information right now because I'm still in Comitancillo.
(So?? What is the news of the cambio? Are you leaving or staying, new companion?)
1. We received the fateful call yesterday night, they didn't give us the cambios until 7:30 at night. So it made me feel bad about saying goodbye to everyone and we didn't even know if I really would be going. But we were right, it has finally "touched me" to leave Comitancillo. I'm headed back to the Mount Logan Stake! Oh wait, not quite yet. Its actually the Mount Alban Stake. Yep, back to Estaca Monte Alban for me. Which will be cool because with General Conference coming up, I will be able to see all of the members from Casablanca and Etla again! The ward is called La Joya, I really don´t know too much about it, so I can't say anything yet, and I won't arrive at the city until late at night tonight, so I probably won't be able to write more about my comp. or the area until next week. But my companion is from Peru, and that's all I know about him, I still don't even know his name. So, sorry that I can`t tell you too much about the place yet. But at least it will be more things to hear about for next week right? Elder Wagner, from my district in the MTC, will be coming here to Comitancillo to take my place.
(Did you have any success with investigators this week?)
2. We are still teaching Mariana, and she is progressing really well, she has been reading alot in the Book of Mormon and has been praying, I'm sad that I'm leaving, I think that she will be baptized soon. We also had a really sad tragedy occur. We have been teaching a family that is friends with the Cabrera family. Usman and his wife Ulma, along with four kids, the oldest is in Middle School. We visited them Wednesday and only the mom, Ulma, was there. But they were really accepting of the Gospel and were actually excited to come to church this Sunday. We were really excited too. We had an appointment for Friday, but nobody was there when we went, nobody was home Saturday either. It turns out that on Thursday Ulma was hospitalized and diagnosed with cancer. She passed away Sunday, a few hours after church was over we found out about it. It took everyone by surprise, and we were really shocked. We aren´t sure what will happen with Usman and his kids, we are hoping to be able to keep teaching them, and that they continue listening to the missionaries. It shows how fragile life is, and it has made me think alot about what it is that I am doing here as a missionary. What we do as members of the church and as missionaries here in the field is a lot more important than we can understand. I don´t have a doubt that Ulma will accept the Gospel on the other side of the veil, and it is such a blessing to be living in the days when we have the restored Priesthood keys here upon the earth. That we can do vicarious work through the Priesthood in the Temples.
I'm so grateful for the knowledge that we have. I'm grateful to have received the blessing of being born into a sealed family, and I thank you Mom and Dad for teaching me the truths of the Gospel, and that this really is the Lord´s true, restored church that our Loving Father has placed here for us. As you can imagine, Usman is, and although not without reason, upset with God. But what a blessing it is to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, to understand a little bit more of the big picture. I hope that Usman will accept the Gospel and can find peace that can and will come from our loving Father in Heaven. I love you all so much, and I want you all to know, that I know that God really is our loving Heavenly Father, and that he really does have a plan prepared for us. That we can live together forever, that this life isn´t the end of our existence, and that our Heavenly Father is watching over us and is anxiously waiting to help us walk the path that will take us back to Him.
(Did you get to speak in sacrament meeting on Sunday?)
3. I was really hoping to be able to speak, but I didn´t get the chance. The branch president enjoys being able to talk in Sacrament Meeting, he used up all the time after the speakers. Haha, but that's okay, there will be plenty more opportunities to speak in my lifetime. Guess we´ll see it the bishop of my new ward will have me speak as the new missionary. But as a ward, normally the speakers are more planned ahead of time, so maybe I won't speak, but that's okay, its harder to speak in a ward than in a branch.
(The package has cleared Mexican customs. Let me know when it arrives. I was hoping it would make it there by the changes on Monday, but I'm not sure.)
4. Well, I'm going to the city today, I'm sure that it will now be a lot easier to get the package. So maybe I'll get it tomorrow or by next week.
(Why doesn't Comitancillo change time for daylight savings? Do the other cities around it, like Juchitan?)
5. I don't know anything about how or why Comitancillo doesn´t change time, but it´s only Comitancillo that doesn´t change their clocks. Daylight Savings Time doesn't take effect until next month anyway here, but Comitancillo is the only place that doesn't follow daylight savings. Who knows why?
Anyway, hopefully there is some way for me to wash my clothes tomorrow, I don´t want to go the whole week using dirty shirts, they aren´t bad but they´re kinda sweaty! Hopefully a member allows us to use their washing machine. But, I just have to wait and see what happens I guess.
Hope that you had a happy anniversary! I also hope that all goes well with all that will be going on this weekend, sounds like everyone is pretty busy up there. Braden, let me know how your game goes, and I hope that Bri dances really well. If you see Christian, let him know that I say hello and hope that he´s doing okay. I love you all so much and miss you, I will talk to you all next week though!
Love,
Jordan
Well, I just finished writing President, and it finished uploading these photos, I'm moving on to the letter now, but I will send these real quick. They are some pictures of familia Cabrera, familia Solorzano, and familia Nataren at the end. I sent several photos because I wasn't sure which ones were better, so you can choose the best to put on the blog. I also put a picture of my suitcases, hopefully I don't have to carry them too much when I get to the city tonight. And at first I also put two pictures of our District here.
No comments:
Post a Comment