Hola mi familia!
Daylight savings time? I didn´t know that we already reached daylight savings time. If I get changed to a new area, I may be confused with the time, hopefully everything goes well. As President Leyva said a long time ago when I came here, "Comitancillo has the clock set to God´s time" or something to that effect. Comitancillo never changes for Daylight Savings, I had completely forgotten about it and I guess all of the other missionaries changed their time, only Comi doesn't change, kinda like Arizona I guess. I guess I really don't know what time it is right now, the clock moves forward an hour right? oh well, it doesn't effect me for now, but Monday it might.
I hope that everything is going well for all of you there in Utah. Sounds like you had a great Sunday! Our Sunday here was great to, we had almost 50 people in church, the small house was stuffed, and where i was at, I couldn't even see the speaker. there wasn't enough room, but that is a good thing. Except for the fact that 10 of the members there were from the Stake, so they aren't really going to keep coming. But there were some good talks, and the Branch President is on a roll, the visit from Elder Scott has him pumped to work hard here as a new President, I think the rama has a bright future ahead.
(How was your week? Any new investigators? Any luck with Mariana?)
1. It was a really good week this week. We didn't find too many new people to teach, but we were able to visit with members a lot more than we previously have. And we had three people come to church yesterday. Mariana came, and also Lucila and her daughter. It is a huge step for them, and we are excited that we came, we really worked hard this week with helping people be able to come. And in the morning we walked all of Comitancillo stopping by for about 10 investigators, and nobody came. But then Lucila showed up during Sunday School, so it was good that we had a little bit of success. Coming to church is the biggest obstacle here for people. We don't have any baptism dates set right now, but Mariana has said that she does want to get baptized, but she doesn't think she is ready, because she always hears people at church say, "I know that this church is true, I'm convinced this is the true church, etc" and she wants to have that surety before baptism. So we are working with her and helping her gain a testimony through prayer and the Book of Mormon, while also helping her understand that "Faith is not a perfect knowledge." But I know that everything will work out for her.
(We're curious about tracting? How much do you do in Comi?)
2. We don't do a whole lot of tracting here, we do it every once in a while, but not as much as in other areas. everybody knows everybody here, and we rely on receiving referrals from the members. It doesn't yield too much success, but it is better than tracting.
(How do you get most of the people you teach? Do you tract them out our do you have a lot of referrals?)
3. The majority have come from referrals. But we have a few that we just contacted by tracting. We contacted Lucila while tracting, but our other best investigators are referrals. Mariana is the cousin of a family in the branch, they told us about her. Usman and his family are referrals from the familia Cabrera. Gaby is also the cousin of the same family as Mariana, familia Solorzano. We also received a referral this week from a different family. Daisy and Ruben were also referrals.
(What do the people in Comitancillo do for employment?)
4. The majority of the people in Comitancillo work in the campo (on ranches and farms). There are a fair amount of teachers that live here as well, there is actually a really small university that is here in Comitancillo, and lots of students come from Juchitan and other places to go there. Also, the majority of the señoras make and sell totopo. I don't know how any of them make money because every household has somebody making totopo in it, there isn't anyone to sell it to. But totopo is delicious, I prefer it over the tortillas. Then there are the people who have their little tienditas(stores) where they sell snacks or food.
(What do you think about the cambio next week? Do you think you'll move? Are you ready to move?)
5. We saw so much improvement this week with the organization of the branch, and also I want to be here for Mariana when she gets baptized, and I also think Lucila will accept a Baptismal date soon. I would like to stay longer here, I really have come to love this area. Casablanca will always be the most special place I think, but I'm going to miss ComitancilloComitancillo. I want to go to the coast before my mission ends, but the real heat wave hits Oaxaca in this next cambio. But I guess I don't have any control over where I go, so I can only wait and see.
(Did anything exciting happen this week?)
(Did anything exciting happen this week?)
6. Nothing too exciting happened this week really. We worked really well and had a lot of success, we taught more lessons than normal, and that's about it. My companion left his name tag in our house today, and we didn't realize it until we got to the members house to eat. But none of them noticed, or at least they didn't say anything, haha.
Anyway, it was a good week here in Comitancillo. It may be my last one here, but that's just how things are. We`ll find out what happens next week I guess. The Branch president said he may make me give a talk because I'm leaving, hes already written me off, haha. He`s a really awesome person and he served a mission too, so he knows how it is. But I hope that everything is going well for all of you, and i thank you for all of your prayers, support, and love. I love you all so much, and will talk to you all later!
Love,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment