Hola mi familia!
Hope that you are all doing well and that everybody is ready to talk on Mothers Day. I'm glad that you got my email, I wasn't sure that you would check to see if I wrote you.
I laughed at your comment on the Mexican Birthday song, I think its kinda weird too, and that ours is better, but its a part of Oaxaca that I can share with you. I still don't have it down, but Ive heard it several times for peoples birthdays. I also hope that you enjoyed a great cinco de mayo, nothing really happened here, I didn't hear of anything that happened at least. It really isn't much of a holiday here for some reason. But oh well I guess.
(Are things worked out for the phone call? Our best time is after 2:00 because we're in church until then. When is you church? We'll do whatever works best for you.)
1. Well, we are in church from 2 until 5, we normally don't eat until after church and its really late when we eat. (Yesterday was a tough fast Sunday, we didn't eat until 7 because the bishop had interviews with the jovenes for baptisms for the dead) What I think we will try to do is eat before church, and then go to skype at about 6 our time. So 5 your time. That will be our plans for now, on Wednesday when we come we will confirm that, or else let you know if we need to do it even later. The Mexican Mothers day isn't until Thursday, I still think that its weird that the holidays are celebrated on different days. Anyway, plan on 6 our time, 5 your time.
(How are the preparations coming for your big activation activity? Did you get the chance to read the email I sent for you?)
2. The preparations are going okay, but we are having a hard time getting the members to support us. We may have to postpone it for a week or two more, but the ideas that you gave me are great and will definitely help out. We should be able to buy everything that we need in the Aurrera or in a Piticó, so thank you so much for all of that.
(I didn't get the package sent last week, so here is one more chance to ask for something.)
3. No, I think that everything you send me will be great, thanks for finding those stickers, a the familia Ortiz will really love them, they are an amazing family, you will probably meet them in a year or so I'm hoping. And it will be great for some other families as well. Thank you so much Mom. You´re the best.
(How is the work progressing this week?)
4. We still haven't had too much success with our investigators. We are still moving along with people that seem like they are just going to be eternal investigators. We are still searching for more people to teach. I also received a new companion today, Elder Wilson. Sorry I don't have any photos, but we are here now in the Joya.
(Tell us something interesting that happened this week.)
5. Well, we went to teach a less active hermana and her daughter who isn't a member. Their house is made of sheets of metal and so we were outside in the shade so that it wasn't as hot. Anyway, we there talking and all of a sudden, something smashed into my shoulder and exploded all over my shirt. It was a successful bombing by a bird! So I lost a shirt this week. Things that happen to missionaries sometimes! haha, it was pretty funny though.
(How is the food in this area?)
6. The food has been really good here, I haven't eaten one bad food since I've been here. My favorites are Wednesdays, when we eat with familia Ortiz, the hermana cooks up some really good recipes, and also Fridays we eat with a member that has a restaurant, he says hes gonna make lasagna for us this Friday, I'm pumped for that. But all of the food that the members prepare for us here are great.
(How has your health been lately?)
7. Everything is going good health wise, I haven't had any problems.
Today we had a fun Zone activity, we got permission from the President to play Soccer, basketball, and then we also ate some delicious carne asada, with a really good pico de gallo. It was really fun and the food was great, the sister missionaries brought and cooked up the food, poor missionaries, but it was good for us at least.
Anyway, I gotta go for now, I'm looking forward to being able to talk with you all on Sunday for Mothers day, it will be another great experience. I hope that you all have a great week this week and that everything goes well for you all. You are all in my prayers, I love you and thank you for all of your support and love. Talk to you Sunday!
Love,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment