Monday, May 28, 2012

Hurricane in Mexico?

Hola mi familia!
¿Como estan? Hopefully you've all figured out what como estan means, when you all come down here you´ll need to be a little bit more advanced. jaja. But how are you all? Hope that everyone is doing well and that you all enjoyed Bear Lake. How is the Girls Camp planning coming along, or has it already passed? Hopefully you are having, or had, success with it. Our activities here don't seem to come together, no matter what we do. The youth activity was planned for this Saturday that is coming up, but we have moved it back to the 9th, the young men are having a camp out this Friday and Saturday. Nobody heard anything about it until yesterday.
I sent Bri´s letter again, my email says that it arrived, but I also forwarded it to your email in case it doesn't get there again. I'm feeling a little bit dehydrated right now, we ran out of drinking water yesterday, everything was going to be fine, but before we went to buy water, a family invited us to eat breakfast with them, so we went there and then we were going to buy a garrafón afterwards. But they gave us some really dry enfijoladas, it did me in and Ive been really weak from Dehydration, but we got some water and I rested for a bit, I'm already recuperating. It has been really humid and hot this week, its not raining like it should, I guess the hurricane stole all of our rain. But I'm already doing okay again.
 
 
(How was your week?  Any good news with investigators?)
 
1. It was a good week this week. We had some difficulty teaching lessons, everybody we visited always told us that they couldn't talk, they were all too busy. But on the good side, we have two baptisms planned for the 10th of June. Maricela and Carlos, Carlos is excited for it, but Maricela is kinda mas o menos. She still isn't too sure about it, so we are trying to work with her and help her gain a testimony. But everything is going well down here in Oaxaca.
 
 
(How are you enjoying this area?  How does it compare to the other areas you've been in?)
 
2. It´s a good area, the boundary and the ward is small, but the members are all really nice, they won't help out with the mission work too much, but things are going okay. There are several really nice families here. We really need a ward mission leader, the current one has been out of action since before I got here. His wife is pregnant and its high risk, so he is always with her and doesn't come to church or see us. But it is a really good area and I am enjoying it here. I´d just like to see more success, there is a lot of problems with people living together but that aren't married, it makes things hard. But hopefully we will have at least two more baptisms coming up.
 
 
(How was the visit to the temple and the zone conference last week?  I saw some pics of you on FB at the conference.)
 
3. It was really good, its nice to be here in the city, I guess that ever since I left the city for Comitancillo, the President authorized a temple visit for the city zones every month, it truly is a blessing to have a temple close. It was always a struggle to get the endowed members from Comitancillo to go to the temple because it was so far away (the Tuxtla Gutierrez temple is closer to Comi than the Oaxaca one). Hopefully we can all realize how special it is to have one in Logan.
The Zone Conference was really long, but it was good, the President always gives some good capacitations and talks. He really is a good President, I just wish that I could get to know him somehow. I got to see Elder Jones in the conference, seems like he is doing a lot better. I still haven´t seen Elder Gotchy for a really long time, I was hoping that he´d be there.
 
 
(When is your next cambio?  I'm hoping to get you your pants before then!)
 
4. The cambio ends the 11th of June. Elder Wilson thinks that we will stay the same, I get the feeling that I will be moving. But I guess we never know until a tiny bit of time before.
 
(We saw that a hurricane hit Mexico this week.  It was quite a bit further north than Oaxaca, but did you get some rain from it?)
 
5. Not too much weather changes, clouds come and have dropped rain for about 5 minutes but nothing more, so its been really humid and hot, glad I'm not in the Istmo or Coast, but it has been feeling like the Istmo in when I was there in Comitancillo. Someone told us today that a tornado was reported in Oaxaca, but now I know that it was really a hurricane, there is only one part really in the Istmo where Oaxaca would be flat enough for a tornado, and that is by Juchitan, its called the ventosa. But the wind doesn't make tornadoes there, it just blows straight and really hard.
 
 
(Your pants should be ready sometime this week.  Anything else you'd like in this package?)
 
6. I never know what to ask for. Sorry for all of the help. Well, I guess I would like it if you send me some Jam, the only have marmalade here, and its just not as good as jam, especially the jam from Bear lake.
 
 
(Bri's letter never made it.  Can you send it again?)
 
7. I sent it again, it says the address is right, but I also forwarded it to your email just in case.
I'm not going to get trunky, but where did you get the word trunky from? Id never heard that until I got here. I'm hoping that we can travel to see all of Oaxaca, even some parts that I´ll never see in the mission. But its still a ways in the future.
Well, guess I better get going now. I love you all so much and hope that you have a wonderful week. That's really cool that Braden is going to be on the Seminary Council, he´ll make a good example for all of his peers. We need more good examples of jovenes down here in Oaxaca. Well, talk to you all next week, love you all, thanks for all of your love and support.
Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment