Hola mi familia!
¿Como les va? So I guess school is out for Braden and Bri now? Hope they enjoy their summer vacation, the kids here haven't had school for about two weeks or so, not because school has ended, but because the teachers have been causing their yearly mayhem down here. I guess the word in English should be strike, they are on strike, and always blocking transport and shutting down stores and things like that. Hopefully things get better soon, because today the highway was clogged and we took forever to take a bus to go shopping. Just some interesting news about Oaxaca for you I guess.
Well, everything is going well down here for us right now. I'm going to see if I have any pictures to send, I haven't been taking too many recently, I need to start taking more. But for now I'm going to move onto the questions.
(Have you got the package? It's been 3 weeks, that seems like a really long time!)
1. No package news yet. It makes me sad, I still have the feeling that I will be moved, so I wont be able to get the stickers to the family. I'm hoping that I don't get moved. But who knows.
(So changes are next Monday. Any word about them? How do you feel about it?)
2. No, we never get any word about changes, we probably wont know until Late Sunday night, then the next day in the morning is when Changes happen.
(How was your week? Is your baptism for June 10 still going to happen?)
3. It was a good week. We still have the baptism planned, though Maricela is seeming kinda like she doesn't want to have a baptism anymore. She only will tell us that she thinks its too soon, but wont say anything else about why she feels that way. She already knows all of the lessons that we teach, and she knows them all really well actually. She is perfectly ready, but we need to help her realize that she is. Her younger brother may decide not get baptized if she isn't, so we aren't entirely sure whats going to happen, but we have faith that all will work out.
(Have you gotten any more investigators? Tell us about some of them.)
4. Well, we still don't have a ton, that's been the biggest challenge here is finding people to teach. Not yesterday, but the other Sunday before, a man showed up drunk to the church building during the last hour of church. He told us that he wants to change, he told us his address and his name, which is Pedro. He told us to go visit him, that he is always home and he wouldn't accept an appointment. we looked for him several times in the week without success, then we went and said that it would be the last time on Friday, we did find him this time. We talked and he told us that he wants to stop drinking and that he has a son who is a member and told him to look for the missionaries. We invited him to church and he actually came yesterday, though he came late, it surprised us. So we are going to work with him and I think that if he stays strong to his decision to change, he can do it.
We are also teaching Salvador, his... girlfriend is a member and he wants to get baptized. He has been coming to church recently and he received some help from the bishop, the bishop gave him a job in the Pepsi plant where the Bishop works. Salvador just needs to get married in order to be baptized. But he needs to get some credentials first, so he has to wait until after the elections to get those, then he can get married and baptized.
We also have Monse, she is new and she also is living in Union Libre, so she needs to get married first. Then we also have Rufina, but she having some problems with addictions in the word of wisdom. Aide is a joven and needs permission from her mom to get baptized. Those are all of our major investigators, but we don't have any families or anyone really close to baptism aside from Maricela and Carlos.
(I'm concerned that you didn't have any water and were dehydrated. Can't you just buy some water bottles to have just in case the water doesn't come?)
5. We normally always have water in the house. I have a cold bottle of water and then here in Mexico you buy what are called garrafones of water. They are large blue refillable water jugs that hold 19 or 20 liters of water. We just had bad luck to run out on the sabbath day. But all is well for now.
Well, we will see what happens this week with the cambios. I heard from Josh, sounds like he is doing great and enjoying it over there in Japan. Hope that you all have a great week and I hope that Braden and Bri don't get bored during their vacations. I love you all so much and will talk to you next week.
Love,
Jordan
Just a picture with Nacho (thats really what everyone calls him) and his friend. Nacho is the one in the Nacho Libre mask. Then some pictures of me helping make tortillas, I was in charge of smashing them into tortilla shape. This family has us over to eat on Saturdays, and so we got there and they were still working and so I helped with the tortillas. Then a picture of their little girl Renata.
No comments:
Post a Comment