Hola mi familia!
How are you all doing? Hope that you are all looking forward to a great 4th of July, nobody down here will know about it but I will wear my tie that is blue with white stars in honor of our wonderful country. Elections were held yesterday for the President of Mexico, we don't know too much but we have seen tons of propaganda, Peña Nieto kindly gave me some cups, I wanted the hat but I wasn't that lucky haha! Lots of signs and things being handed out, I'm sure the new president has been announced by now, but I really don't know, anyway, it affected attendance at church, because people went to vote instead of church, but in the end, Donaji is a huge ward and we still had three investigators there and a really good amount of members. Anyway, I gotta get a move on, so it on to the questions!
(How was your week? Have you had the baptism for Edilma yet? I don't think you told us when it was.)
1. It was a good week, pretty normal. Edilma has her baptism date set for the 15th, we are hoping for the best, its hard to teach her because she is far away during the week, we are hoping that we can teach everything necesary and that there isnt any problems that come up, but for now, we are pretty excited for her baptism and I believe that everything will go well.
Also, on Friday we were teaching Valentino, and my comp had a huge headache and wasn't feeling good for a few days, he was out of action during the lesson. But it was a really neat experience. It ended up being a really powerful lesson, Valentino is a person who gets distracted and loves asking questions and jumping off topic as fast as he can, its a good thing that he at least sticks with religious topics. But the spirit was there and it was a powerful experience for me as somehow we managed to get through a lesson about baptism and we invited him to accept baptism, he has always been scared away by the topic of baptism, but through the topics and scriptures that he jumped around too I always was guided to a way to help him see the importance of baptism, we are hoping to be able to see some huge progress with him and that soon we will be able to also put a specific date for him to be baptized. But anyway, it was a cool lesson.
(Any word on the package?)
2. Nope, no news on the package, Hopefully tomorrow.
(Hows the weather? Is it still quite rainy?)
3. Yep, its still keeping up with the rain without fail. It's a humid oven during the day with the sun beating down on us through mostly clear skies, then the rain hits. Last night we were in a lesson and it was cool because we could hear the wall of rain come closer and closer, because it is really loud as it hits the many metal roofs here. So as we heard it coming we tried to finish the lesson before the rain arrived, because we can't teach over the deafaning roar from rain slamming into the sheet metal roofs, we succeeded yesterday in finishing, but we had a lesson ruined by the rain and metal roof during the week.
(We were having a "cleanliness" conversation with Braden the other day and I was telling him that he needs to learn to clean up after himself because I won't be there to do it for him on his mission. It got me thinking about how things regarding that have been for you. Are you finding that you like keeping things clean? Do your comps. keep things clean or not so much.)
4. I've found out that while I'm not as much of a totally perfectly clean person like you are mom, I am pretty clean, and that I enjoy cleanliness. The few american comps I've had have been withstandable, Elder Pimentel was really clean and we didnt have any problems. But right now, my comp isn't too bad. But I've been doing pretty good with cleanliness. I've also learned from my mish that I prefer to wash plates after using them, not have them sitting there gross and have to wash them extra hard before I use them. Hope you understood that, but ya, anyway, that is the only problem right now.
(Have you heard anything from Josh lately? I've been trying to get some info on how he's doing.)
5. We have sent messages back and forth almost every week. He did say there was a typhoon but that he was amazed with their draining system, because all of the water dissapeared really quickly, so it sounds like he's safe. He seems to be doing really great and has a baptismal date for the 15th. I think that he is doing amazing.
(We'd love to hear some stories about investigators or things that have happened while you're out teaching.)
6. Well... no pity points this week for tracting in the rain. We had divisions this week and I got to see San Bartolo and thier famous Barro Negro (clay pots that are black). We had a really cool lesson about the plan of salvation with one of thier investigators. Also this week we had a run in with a TJ, not sure if from all of your missionary mom website info you know what that stands for, I'm sure you do, but that was fun. Nothing too great for this week though.
(Apartment pictures?)
7. I attached them to this letter, with a few others I took this week.
Anyway, sorry but I have to go now, write a few more letters to B and my friends. But I love you all so much, and I will talk to you next week!
Love,
Jordan
I was a couple weeks behind but I must say that is one handsome missionary you have :)
ReplyDelete