Monday, August 20, 2012

Two baptisms this week!

Hola mi familia,
How are you all doing? Hopefully everyone is ready for school, the school year starts today for everyone here in Mexico. The internets are full of students doing homework already, and so even though I have a bunch of photos I want to send, I cant because we only found a not so nice internet that had space for us, we need to start going in the mornings while the kids are school I guess. For now, I will get on to the questions.
 
 
(How was the week?  Did you have your baptism yesterday!)
 
 
 1. It was a really great week this week. Especially because of the baptism that we had, it was a really neat experience. The spirit was there really strong, we had an excellent turnout after the church meetings, and it was probably one of the best baptismal services that I have had. Elder Price baptized Nelly and I baptized Paola, it was amazing. Two members sung a song that was really beautiful, and Paola was translating the words for her mom. One of the unforgettable moments of my life, wish I could send you the photos, maybe next time.
 
 
(Any new investigators?)
 
 
 2. We have contacted a few new ones, but nobody really sticks out and nobody truly interested up until now, we have a lot of work ahead of us to finish the cambio strong and have more investigators. We are still focusing on finding new ones. We found a really nice family, they could be good but they haven't given our message the importance that it needs. We`ll see how this week goes.
 
 
(Tell us something interesting that happened this week.)
 
 
 3. Well... maybe I can send fotos Wednesday, because today we went on a little morning trip through the jungles of Mexico. We went on a really cool hike and I can tell you more about it when I can send fotos, but I have somebody to take us on some tours when we come back to visit next year. He is an hermano here in the rama, and he is a really cool guy, his son just left on a mission last week I think. But he took us on a little trail through the park. He was showing us all of the plants and he also does a lot of bird watching tours, he showed us a lot of bird life that you can find here. It was really fun.
 
 
(Did you ever have a rematch with the soccer kids?  Has Elder Price recovered from the fall?)
 
4. There hasn't been a rematch, though we were challenged once this week. My comp has recovered well and is looking forward to the day, just that we are going to pick a day that it isn't raining. Though every time we see one of the little kids in town, they always enjoy commenting on how my comp fell.
 
 
(Have you eaten any good food this week?)
 
5. Nothing interesting and nothing revolting was eaten this week. Elder Chan cooked up some delicious omelets this week, I'm gonna try to learn from him this week. Today I ate a nice slice of ham in a red chili sauce with spaghetti and vegetables, it was pretty good. But it was a pretty normal week with the comidas we ate.
 
 
(Have you done much service there in Huatulco?  If so, what have you done?)
 
6. We haven't done too much here, though on Friday we stopped and helped a boy and his mom weed their front yard. Reminded me of working in the house... okay though maybe I didn't do it too much, but I did help sometimes, jaja. And we also helped a woman who was cleaning up garbage in the street. But nothing too big really.
 
 
(Have you heard from Trevor lately?  He just hit his year mark last week.)
 
7. Ive only emailed him once or twice, but if I remember right his president doesn't want him to write other people, hes never answered. Maybe Ill write a quick hi just to see how obedient he is, jaja. Ok just kidding. But that's crazy to think that he already has a year. It seems like I've been here forever, but it also seems like it is impossible for us to already have that much time here in the mission.
Well, this week was really great, all is well in Huatulco, cant wait until you all can come down here and see this beautiful place. Its so different from the rest of Oaxaca, but it is a really neat place. Guess all vacation spots are though right?
Anyway, thank you for all of your love and support, and also your prayers. I love you all so much, I will talk to you next week.
Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment