Monday, September 24, 2012

Good week in Huatulco

Hola mi familia!

Yet another week has gone by, time is flying here in Huatulco, things
are going good though. Sounds like it was an interesting week though,
hope that Braden enjoyed homecoming and that Bri enjoyed the Movie on
the Lawn.   But I hope that you are all doing great and that you are all
doing well.


I'm also sad to hear that the boat has been put away for the year,
hopefully its in good shape and is ready to have an amazing summer
next year, I hopefully won't let it rest too much next year. It will
be great to be out on the water again, especially to wakeboard, we
went to Tangolunda this morning with the family to eat breakfast, we
also took a side trip to Conejos, we had to look longingly at the
wonderful ocean, though it was fun, we hiked around a bit on the beach
and the other side of Conejos. That was our interesting thing we did
today. Anyway, to the questions!


(We heard there was another earthquake near Pinotepa on Saturday morning.  Did you feel it?)


1. We didn't really feel it at all, though the assistants called us to
see if everything was okay, that is how we found out about it, but it
wasn't strong enough to reach us I guess.


(Any success this week?  How are things with Teresa and Alan?)


2. We are having success with Jaziel and Jasibeth, they are a couple
we have been teaching for a while, and they have been really good with
coming to church, praying, and reading the Book of Mormon too. We
have had some great lessons with them, and Jaziel always gives some
awesome prayers. I am really excited, we are going to put a specific
baptismal date with them this week, so hopefully we have success with
that. But in this week we taught the Word of Wisdom, Jaziel drinks a
bit and he loves coffee, but he is already progressing and leaving it
behind, he is really cool.
Alan left to Puebla this week, sadly we couldn't see him at all, but
hopefully this week he will be back and we can keep teaching him.
Teresa is still listening to us, but she is kinda not showing too much
interest, its sad, but we will hopefully see a change in her this
week.


(Did you send some pics to Sis. Leyva with the families that feed you?)


3. Well, I want to, and I also want to send some to you, but of
course the computer wont read my memory. I just changed to a
different computer and it doesn't work either. I love Mexico, but
sometimes it just doesn't work right. Oh well, maybe next time.

(Hows your health been lately?)


4. Everything has been fine, I haven't had any health problems. So
there are no worries there at all.


(Did you know a boy with the last name King?  His brother is Braden's friend and he came home from his mission on Friday.)


5. I remember several chats with Bro. King on the phone, but that is
all I know. I can't remember if I knew someone else with the last name
King.


(Brianna is wondering what is the best thing you ate this week, as she sits here eating Cookie Crisp, and she is wondering if you can get it there.)


6. Well... that's a toughie. We ate some delicious quesillo
quesadillas this morning with a really good salsa. But the best is
probably won by some super delicious Tlayudas that Jasibeth cooked up
for us last night, she invited us to some after our lesson, it was
really good, I hadn't eaten Tlayudas for quite a while. And to answer
Bri´s question, yes they do sell Cookie Crisp here, though it is
expensive compared to other cereals, though I realize it isn't that
expensive for you guys up there in the states.


Well, hope that you are all getting ready for the fall season and that
you guys take up all of the cold part of the year, so that I don't die
from cold dryness when I show up! Though it will be nice to see snow
again and never sweat again. Enjoy the weather you have while you
can, where it is nice and fresco all the time.


Well, I don't have too much more to say, it was a pretty normal week,
just some great lessons with Jaziel and Jasibeth, we will hope for the
best with them this week, and its crazy to think that General
Conference is here! It is my last here in the mission, can't wait
though, I love it, wish I got into it more when I was home, and that I
could enjoy it on my own TV or while at the condo in Bear Lake!
Pretty blessed to be in Utah, some people will travel quite a bit just
to see it at a stake or district center.


Anyway, Love you all so much, hope that you all have a great week and
that all goes well for you. Thanks for all of your love, support and
prayers. Talk to you all again next week!

Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment