Como estan? I hope that it was a good week and that Braden has a good interview with the Presidente today. And I'm really hoping that his papers don't show up until I'm home, that will make me kind of mad!Oh, and I also want to thank dad for his Dumb and Dumber comment, it made me laugh.
I'm also really sad to hear that I will be coming back to a struggling Aggie team, when I left they were doing so good, hopefully things get going better once I can start cheering them on again. Dad also let me know that I have only a week before sign up deadlines when I get home, so now that has me worrying, I was hoping to have more time to investigate what I'm going to do. But I guess I can't do anything aside from waiting right now, and then stressing out when the time comes, we´ll see how things go, its crazy but time is still flying by even though the end is almost here. But anyway, onto the questions.
(How was the baptism? I think you were supposed to baptize Sergio on Sunday.)
1. This is the sad part of the week. We haven't even seen Sergio all this week, we had an appointment for Tuesday at night. But when it came time we went to his house and he wasn't there, he sent a message a few minutes later saying he couldn't make it and that Thursday would be better. But on Thursday, he told us the same thing, that he had a lot of homework. So we said we´d go the next day Friday, same thing, then after that he hasn't yet answered a call or message and didn't come to church either, so we don't know whats happened to him and we haven't found him at his house either. So we are looking for him still and we are really worried now. He had an operation on a broken bone today supposedly, so we don't know if its because of that or if it is because his family did or said something (they are really against us). But ya, that's whats going on right now.
(How are other investigators going? Any new success?)
2. Well, in good news we found a new family to teach. On Tuesday we were returning from a visit walking along the street when a señora suddenly called to us and asked if we were teaching English classes. We told her that we didn't have any right now. So she asked if we could stop by later that day and help her daughter out with her English homework. We said sí and went back. They are a small family, only of 3, but they are really nice and are starting to listen to us. They have a lot of questions that they are always asking. It seems like going to church and the word of wisdom might be a problem, but I think that they will be able to progress. So we are hoping to keep working with them.
We also had an investigator named Lucero come to church for the first time. She is the sister of one of the hermanas, her husband didn't come, but at least she did, which is a huge advancement. We have been teaching her for a little while now, and her sister should be a big help for her within the church.
(Happy Birthday! Did you do anything fun on Saturday to celebrate?)
3. I sent some pictures from my birthday, all of these were taken on Saturday. On Saturday, a famous Mexican group came to have a concert here, known as "Los Titanes de Durango." They are famous and as we were walking by we saw their bus parked there. My comp, who is more daring and talkative than I am, waltzed over and started talking with one of the people there, we didn't get to talk to the group, because they were resting before the concert, but we talked with the contractor/owner and he let us on the bus to take pictures. We saw some of the people later in the night though, and sadly, we could only listen to the concert from a distance. But oh well, it was funny that we did that. We were also offered free tickets, too bad we said no.
Then later, the family that has the shoe store bought a cake for my birthday, so we went and had cake and they sang the mañanitas for me. According to Mexican B-day tradition I had to take a mordida (bite) of the cake, and one of the family members kindly shoved my face into the cake. But it was fun and really nice of them.
(What was the most exciting thing you did this week?)
4. The only exciting day was Saturday really. I still can't believe that we got on the bus and talked with the owner of the group. He was a cool guy, but he didn't convince us to go to the concert, though it was really tempting, jaja.
A family made us some homemade pizza on Friday, it was really good. But nothing really interesting that we ate this week, all just normal Mexican food.
(Does your companion speak any English? Have you tried to teach him some?)
5. No, he doesn't really speak any English, but I am trying to teach him a little bit, I'm not a great English teacher though. But we are trying to work on it.
Hermana Leyva also called me today in the morning to wish me a late Happy Birthday and sing to me. She told me to say hi to you mom and also to my family. Hermana Leyva is a great person, I was thinking that maybe we could have a chance to stop by and say hi when we come back to visit, but I don't know, just a thought.
Anyway, I love you all so much and miss you. Take care, and have a wonderful week. Thank you for all of your love and support, as well as your prayers. Talk to you all next week!
Con amor,
Jordan
No comments:
Post a Comment