Tuesday, January 22, 2013

One month left

Hola mi familia!

I hope that you are all doing great, sounds like you had a great trip to Saint George, hopefully you enjoyed the weather, we´ll see how I enjoy the weather when I get home!  Its still pretty crazy to me that Braden is getting his papers in!  Hopefully he does get his call the day I'm home, or at least that he doesn't get it early, I want to be there for it, so it it shows up early, you all have to wait!

I'm also getting kind of jealous that you get to play some tennis and golf, I really wish I could play, I know I didn't play too much, but after two years with people who only know how to play soccer makes you realize how great sports are, hopefully I can play a lot when I'm home, now that I will appreciate it more, jaja!

Anyway, guess its question time,
 
 
(How was the week?  How are the new investigators progressing?)
 

1.  This week was good.  We didn't have too much success with finding new investigators, or with helping our current ones progress, only Sergio is progressing really well.  We moved his baptismal date back, now it is for this Sunday.  He is doing really well, its just that his family is really against him.  He rarely sees his dad, and he is mostly with his mom, and his mom accepts now the fact that he goes to church and listens to us, but she doesn't really approve of him getting baptized, so we are still trying to talk with her and help her to at least support him, even if she isn't agreed with the church, and that is what Sergio wants.  The rest of his family is straight up against his baptism.  But he understands the importance of it and is determined still to be baptized, so he is doing great.  Hopefully this week we are going to go with him and talk with some of his friends that he wants us to visit.

So we are hoping for a good week.  I'll send you the pictures of the baptism hopefully.  We have been trying to work a lot with the less active members here, and will hopefully be able to visit a lot more of them as well in this week, so we are hoping for some success.  Oh, I also gave a talk yesterday on the Priesthood, I don't know if I liked my talk too much, but I guess it went well, the problem is that I have to stick with the simple things, because the people here don't really have too much knowledge of the Gospel, everyone is basically new still.
 
 
(How was the conference in Puerto Escondido?  I've been waiting for pics on Sis. Leyva's FB page.)
 

2.  My comp says that his sister forwarded some pictures to him, so I think there should be some on the page or somewhere, and there were three that I appeared in.  But the conference was really good.  Presidente had me bear my testimony because I am about to end the mission.  But he gave some really good messages as always.  It was a good day.
 
 
(I didn't get a birthday package off to you.  Sorry!  I just wasn't sure if it would make it to you before you came home.  Will you please take your comp out to dinner or go and buy yourself something?)
 

3.  I´ll see what we can do.  I was maybe planning on eating some pizza or something in the afternoon, but I´ll try to find something to do.  Sadly, in Santa Maria, its not quite as tourist oriented, so there isn't too much to buy to bring home that would be really cool here, but I will look around as we are walking through town to see if there is anything I can bring home.
 
 
(Have you had to speak in your ward yet?)
 

4.  Haha, I forgot about this question and I guess already slightly answered it.  I hadn't given a talk for a good 6 or 7 months until yesterday.  But it was about the Priesthood, which we need a lot more of it here in Santa Maria, and all the help we can get to strengthen it.  We are missing 3 key priesthood positions in the branch, we don't have a first counselor, an Elders Quorum President, or the Mission Leader.  But we are looking for people among the less actives to try and reactivate and prepare to hopefully one day help fill the positions we are lacking.  The attendance has gone up a little bit since we´ve been here, some of the lukewarm members are doing a little bit better, and we are hoping to help out with at least a few of the less actives.
 
 
(How are things going with your new companion?  He seems like a great guy!)
 

5.  Everything is going well, he's learning really fast.  He is a great person and will be a great missionary.  He is getting used to the heat now, he isn't struggling quite as much as at first.  So in the end, anyone can adapt to the climate, so I will keep hoping that I can re-.adapt to the climate of Utah.
 
 
(Have you had anything really, really good or really, really bad to eat this week?)
 

6.  Nothing too bad this week.  The Hermana prepared pig feet in beans today, but she also had a roasted chicken, and she gave us the chicken without asking us to eat the pig feet.  I should have tried it, but I didn't really have a lot of hunger to start with, so I didn't try it.  But they didn't look too appetizing.  We ate some fish 2 times, still not my favorite, but I eat it, one was fillet, which I do actually like, the other was the whole dead fish on a plate, its not fun pulling bones out of every bite, but oh well.  The hermana we washed with today invited us to where she works, a little food place to the side of one of the local high schools.  We ate some dobladitas, basically like mini-Tlayudas, they were pretty good, plus she had some good habanero salsa.

So ya, I'm not sure what else I was going to say, guess you will be able to ask me questions all you want within a short month about all that happens here, so if I forget something, guess you´ll know about it soon enough.

I love you all sooo much.  Thank you for all of your love and also your support.  I miss all of you tons!  Sigan echando las ganas en todo lo que hacen!  Les amo!

Con Amor,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment