Monday, January 14, 2013

Hot in Mexico, cold in Utah

Hola mi familia!

Its good to here from you all again, and its great to hear that its freezing cold up there in Utah.  I am excited to feel cold again and not sweat anymore, but we will cross our fingers and hope that I don't become a Mexican snowman when I get home.  Everything is going great down here in Oaxaca for us.  It hasn't been extremely hot this week, but its still pretty toasty and humid.

I think that it would be really great if Braden got his call the same day as I got home, I'd be more than happy to share the limelight, jaja, or just give it all to him, its okay with me.  I'm not sure if you are trying to plan it that way or not, but hopefully it works out, I think it would be cool to have him get his call when I get home, but whether you do it that way or not, I at least want to be there when he gets it, so don't put in the papers too early please!  Its so crazy that all of this is happening, I'm going home and Braden is leaving, pretty exciting.

Seems like life is pretty busy down there too!  That's really neat to hear the Braden is preparing for his Patriarchal Blessing.  And I hope that Braden does well in his soccer tournaments coming up, I'm afraid that I haven't learned how to play soccer here in Mexico.  So I'm not going to be able to challenge him when I get home.

Anyway, I guess I will move onto the questions.
 
 
(How was your week?  How did you do with your investigators?)
 

1.  It was a really great week for us.  Especially with Sergio.  He is excited for his baptism, which we may move until Sunday in the afternoon, because of his work.  He really has been progressing really well and understands everything.  He really has been prepared by the Lord to receive the Gospel in his life.  We were in class yesterday and we talked about missionary work in Lorenzo Snow´s life, and he began asking, he really would like to serve a mission in the future, and I think that he probably will do it one day, which is really exciting.  He isn't even a member yet and he always wants to go visiting with us, and we are starting to teach some of his distant relatives.  It is going to be really special to be present at his baptism.  He is already becoming a light and example for his family.
 
Our other investigators are listening to us, but they aren't progressing like we would wish they would.  The other Sergio who at one time at least accepted a baptismal date keeps letting us down when we go for appointments.  Though we have had some really powerful lessons with him and we have thought that he would finally make it over the barrier that is holding him back from really praying and reading and looking for an answer to his prayers.  But we are going to keep working with him and hoping for the best.
We have several new prospects, but nobody outstanding yet, we are really trying to find the people who the Lord has prepared, and hopefully we find them soon.
 
 
(Did you ever get to pick the corn that you were supposed to pick on Christmas?  Do you get the opportunity to do much service in this area?)
 

2.  No we never got to go and pick corn.  There are a few opportunities for service that we have given, but mostly small things, we haven't really been able to give much service here.  We went one time and helped an hermano haul some dirt from one place to another for his plants, that is probably the biggest service project we've been able to do.
 
 
(Thanks for the pics last week!  We still want to see your apartment.)

3.  I hope you liked them, and I feel bad, but I keep forgetting to take the pictures of the apartment, I still don't have them.  Maybe next time!
 
 
(There is a special CES video tonight that we've been asked to watch.  Do they watch those things down there?  Could they see it at the church?)
 

4.  I wish that we could see it.  It might be shown in Huatulco in the church building there, that is if the leaders of the church even announced it or showed up to turn it on.  I doubt many would show up anyway, it would be really good if the people here went, but the members here have a hard time getting organized enough to have meetings like that.  But I doubt that they have it here, I haven't heard anything about it.
 
 
(What is the most exciting thing that happened this week?)
 

5.  The most exciting really is Sergio, its been really great teaching him and we have had some great lessons with him.  But nothing really exciting has happened, just normal missionary work and missionary days.

We have a multi-zone conference this Thursday in Puerto Escondido.  So we will be headed out there this week, it should be really good as it usually is, and I suppose it will be my last one too.  We will see what President Leyva has to say, not too much time has passed since the last one, so it came as kind of a surprise to all of us.  But I'll let you know how everything goes.

Well, nothing too exciting this week, sorry about that.  But I hope that you all know that I love you all and will talk to you all next week!

Love,
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment