Monday, January 7, 2013

My last cambio

Hola mi familia!

How is everyone doing?  I hope that you all had a great week and are ready to start up school again.  I think that school starts this week, does it?  Here in Mexico its starting this week at least.  But anyway, I hope you are doing well and that Braden isn't telling too many two wisdom teeth stories, because the 4 wisdom tooth tales are going to parachute in and cut him off at the pass!  Haha.  Hope he is enjoying life without his wisdom teeth.  I was thinking about that and realized that I really want a Jamba Juice, when I got my wisdom teeth out I went there a lot, they don't make smoothies like that down here.

Its been a good week this week, it got pretty hot for a few days and we don't know why, good thing that when the next season of heat comes I will be here in shorts and be able to go swim at the beach!  Hopefully we all have a great time, my comp will be suffering the heat in his shirt and tie still.  Speaking of the trip really quickly, I wanted to check and see what nights you had the hotels booked.  Because if we travel from the city to Huatulco in the ADO, which will be the most comfy option, it will be a journey by night, the buses from the city to Huatulco leave at around 10:00ish at night, and arrive at about 7:00ish in the morning, so the night we travel, we may not need to pay for the hotel here.  Just something to think about, I don't know if you already planned for that or not.  But the travelling will be at night not during the day.  Anyway, question time.
(Did you send pics of your moles?  Dad wants to look at them.)

1.  I just barely sent them, after dads info the other week I haven't really worried about them, they don't look like anything, but I swear that I have never seen them before, and I cut my hair and just suddenly realized they were there and also several people suddenly commented on them, so it worried me a bit, but I guess they probably aren't anything.
(How was your week?  Any special experiences you had?)

2.  We found a new investigator named Sergio (different than mormon.org Sergio)  He has had a past that isn't so good, but he has been listening to us really well and really likes everything.  We put a baptismal date for the 26th of January with him, but he didn't come to church yesterday so I don't think that he will be baptized on that day, but we will see when he comes to church.  We had some really good lessons with him, but nothing really special to share aside from that right now.
(Did you get the chance to open that package with the family yesterday?)

3.  Ya, we did the presents with the family, it went well, and even though it wasn't really too exciting, they were grateful, it was fun,at least for me to figure out what the present was going to be before opening it, they were some good scriptures.
(There was a 5.1 earthquake yesterday 45 miles from Union Hidalgo.  Did you feel it at all down there on the coast?)

4.  Here in the mountains we don't feel them too much, though they really are common here, its a seismic (I don't know how to spell it, but you know what I mean) zone.  We got a call Sunday during church, the whole mission was being asked if everything was okay and if we felt the earthquake, we really didn't feel it though, so nothing happened.
(Are the cambios next week?  I just started thinking about that, this will be your last one!)

5.  Today are the cambios, so today is the first day of my last cambio, pretty crazy, six weeks to go, I can't believe it.  We didn't get any changes, so we are still here, the only cambio in the district is Elder Shaum, he is going to Huaxpaltepec.  Its over toward Pinotepa.  But ya, from now on I will already know my fate as the cambios come and go.
(Any new investigators?)

6.  The only new investigator that is promising is the new Sergio, he is going to another church and we need to help him see the need he has to come to ours, but he understood the restoration and we really just need him to pray and find out for himself that our church is true and has the priesthood authority.  But he is a really good person, he is young, hes only 18, but we will see how he is goes.

We have also had some really good lessons with the other Sergio, he is doing really well and is excited for his baptism, we also put the date again with him this week.  So he is on date for the 19th of this month.  He couldn't come to church yesterday and we aren't sure why, but we are going to keep teaching him, he is doing really well though.  He always has lots of questions and really has a desire to keep learning more and doing better in the church.

Well, that's all for this week really.  I put some photos on as well.  The were taken on Christmas Eve as we made the gingerbread house, and the rest we took at a little river that passes through the town, we had an appointment fall that was close and so we decided to go down and take some pictures.  It is a really cool little place, and there is a bridge that crosses over it.

Anyway, I hope that you all have a great week.  I love you all so much, I will talk to you all next week though!  Adios!

Love,
Jordan













No comments:

Post a Comment